Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

seat belt chime / alarm module 85 c4 Location

wildbill85

Corvette
1985 Silver
Looking for the location of the seat belt chime / alarm module 85 c4 Plus anyone know if this is the same one used if you leave your lights on. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Bill the DIC is the Driver Information Center. It houses the warning and information lamps & cluster switches and is in the center dash above the HVAC (Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning) controls and radio. After removing the center IP (Instrument Panel) trim panel, you see this:
starter_relay_02.jpg

The DIC is the panel above the radio. Remove the three 7mm nuts and carefully pull the DIC away. You'll then be greeted with this:
starter_relay_03.jpg

This is called the Multi-Use Center. The Audio Alarm Module, AKA (Also Known As) Chime module is the blue box tucked away at the far right of the picture.

Yes just the kind of post I was looking for, but in my case I have a 1990 corvette.

Both the seat belt lamp is always on, and their isn't an alarm chime when unbuckled.

Is this chime module in the same place on the 90?

Pictures would be awesome, but just text specifics would help too.

@vigman.

yes I saw those on EBay, and I'm looking for a service manual diagram or picture of where this buzzer module is within the 90's console.

The key in the ignition alarm works, and I think it's the same buzzer as with the seatbelt; its just that it doesn't chime for the unbuckled case.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom