Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

...and we have a Winner!

EricVonHa

Corvette
'93 6-Speed & '87 Callaway
The "Guess the HP/TQ contest" was close... verrry close. Much congratulations to 8388 who guessed the closest! :beer

The car did 341hp and 468 tq to the rear wheels. Not too shabby for a turbo car from the late 80's! The A/F ratio was very rich.. even at peak torque/boost the motor hardly went above 10:1. With a little tweaking I'm sure there's more in there... but it's staying where it's at for the time being.

Here's the actual dyno graph after running the car several times. It was dead on consistent for all runs being that the car was strapped down when the motor was already smoking hot.
attachment.php

Here are the results of all the guesses! I put all the info into an Excel spreadsheet and then copied into a graphics file so it could be easily viewed by everyone.
attachment.php

I want to thank my producer, the director, the writers, ooops wrong award.:gap

I sure hope I can make that last minute dash to Carlisle,but if I can't every one is more than welcomed to share my prize:cry :cry :beer

yeap, alittle tunning and it's gonna be much stronger, which already is very good considering it still has the stock exhaust.

Congrat's. Sam (8388) Hopefully you will be able to make it (last minute) and claim your pize :beer

yuengbanner2.gif

Great contest Eric!!!

See everyone at the Show :upthumbs

p.s. Eric, I spoke w/ the hotel today and mentioned the Creeper Race through the lobby - She said that was nothing - 2 weeks ago, someone stole the hotel pickup truck and sunk it into the swimming pool :eek Everything is o.k. now though ;)

Check out the graph and tell me how fun it is to drive a car with that much torque!! Just when the tires stop blowing off the pavement-- it's time for another gear-- then the back end starts hunting around again. Oh, what a good problem to have! :Steer

CC-- I guess if they dunked the truck in the pool that they just needed liquid refreshment. We'll have plenty of that!

WooHoo!!! I'll take second only .8 more off the torque than 8388. I guess all that studying of Vettes pays off. Wicked Cool thread. Thanks Eric.

:beer

I want a recount when you get that A/F ratio straigtened out. You're obviously down on some power being that rich.

Sam, get up here and claim your prize! :beer

90Callaway said:
I want a recount when you get that A/F ratio straigtened out. You're obviously down on some power being that rich.

That's for sure! Guess we may have some plans for next year!

EricVonHa said:
That's for sure! Guess we may have some plans for next year!

I'm guessing next year now : 447 hp 660 tq

8388 said:
I'm guessing next year now : 447 hp 660 tq

Sorry-- you've been disqualified from winning a second time. You gotta claim the 2003 prize 1st!! In person!! Git on that puddle jumper and fly on in! ;)

EricVonHa said:
Sorry-- you've been disqualified from winning a second time. You gotta claim the 2003 prize 1st!! In person!! Git on that puddle jumper and fly on in! ;)

I having my private jet fueled this very moment:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom