Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Events} 2007 marks 20 Years of Callaway Corvettes - Various event details w/in>

*89x2*

COGlogo1.gif

Mark your calendars for 2007 with these very important dates!

2007 marks, “Twenty Years of Callaway Corvettes” and in celebration of that, we have begun to plan some events that are certain to be worth attending!

Beginning with the Callaway Celebration in Bowling Green, Kentucky at the National Corvette Museum the first week of May 3-5, 2007, the next Callaway event will be in conjunction with the Bloomington Gold Corvette Show June 15-17, 2007. Continuing through the summer, the culmination of our celebration will occur at the Corvettes at Carlisle show at the end of August 24-27, 2007.

As these events are planned, look for more info and event details to follow at: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Pages/Events.htm

Make your plans to attend and be a part of Callaway Corvette history!

With 20 years in mind... Can you tell us the delivery date of the 1st purchased Callaway Twin Turbo? We definitely want to celebrate (if electronically) the company and the people who have made history and brought us the thrill and excitement of driving and admiring such "powerfully engineered" cars.

-Luigi
:cool

Thanks for information and hard work. I will mark my calander and for sure attend the Bowling Green gathering.

Luigi, outstanding question - we'll find out :beer
RedB2K's - looking forward to that! :beer

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

For the events, the Bowling Green, KY event in particular, the Natl' C'Vette Museum is within a one-day drive, for over 50% of the United States of America. This location was chosen for those who may find driving all the way to Carlisle a bit difficult - Plan now to attend :cool

IS THERE MORE INFO ON BOWLING GREEN IN MAY HAVE THE DETAILS BEEN WORKED OUT? HOW MANY CARS DO YOU THINK WILL ATTEND? I WILL TRY AND BRING MY 89 TT IF POSSIBLE
LIFTMAN {MARK }

Mark, hopefully by mid-Nov. at the latest, the Bowling Green event will be ready for release - the dates are indeed set into place. It is a matter of "fine tuning" the event agenda and then it will be an online registration from there.
Looking forward to the shows!
- Chris.

2007 events

It's hard to believe that it has been 20 years since the first Callaway arrived. I remember reading about these cars and dreaming about buy one. Today I own a 1988 TT (#92). It will be a busy year and I look forward to the events. I plan on going to Bowling Green and Bloomington.

At the Bloomington show, we are staying a the Country Inn and Suites, which is 1 block west of the show. Last year, was the first year we stayed there and it was very nice. They had a car wash station, excellent staff, an Olive Garden and Chili's in front of the hotel. Following is the hotel information, I hope it can be of use:

Country Inn & Suites
155 38th ave.
St. Charles, IL 60174
Tel 630-587-6564
Fax 630-587-6568
1-800-456-4000

Best regards,
George Linares

While the Callaway Reunion at Carlisle sounds like a more interesting event, the distance will make that one tough to make with my car.

Are there any details about Bloomington Gold yet? Will there be a 'formal' display for the cars? If there isn't a "display" other than driving the cars in, parking them in the lot, and walking around the show for a day or two, then the Speedster probably isn't a good candidate for it. Come to think of it, I guess any kind of outdoor display will be tough to do without a roof.
If BG is more informal, what do we know about Carlisle? The link on the COG site to the general Carlisle site, but I didn't see much info on the 2007 show. Like I said, that one would be tougher, but if that is THE 20th Anniversary event to be at, then I'd certainly try.

Jonstr, as it stands today, BG and Carlisle are the two events where the focus (and enthusiasum) from show organizers has been the most.

While the details were supposed to be done by now, it looks like early Dec. for thie finalized plans.

BG right now does look like a show & park, but we'll see...

87 callaway

I have an 87 #35 callaway ALL original with 1,459 documented miles. Would like to show it and have judged at one of the events of 07. Any suggestions
COGlogo1.gif

Mark your calendars for 2007 with these very important dates!

2007 marks, “Twenty Years of Callaway Corvettes” and in celebration of that, we have begun to plan some events that are certain to be worth attending!

Beginning with the Callaway Celebration in Bowling Green, Kentucky at the National Corvette Museum the first week of May 3-5, 2007, the next Callaway event will be in conjunction with the Bloomington Gold Corvette Show June 15-17, 2007. Continuing through the summer, the culmination of our celebration will occur at the Corvettes at Carlisle show at the end of August 24-27, 2007.

As these events are planned, look for more info and event details to follow at: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Pages/Events.htm

Make your plans to attend and be a part of Callaway Corvette history![/quote]

I have an 87 #35 callaway ALL original with 1,459 documented miles. Would like to show it and have judged at one of the events of 07. Any suggestions

Ned, some owners have had their cars judged by NCRS standards at regional events and one in particular, has been selected to be part of the NCRS display at Corvettes at Carlisle this August. However, the Carlisle show does not offer that "kind" of judging, as they do have have an NCCC area and then the Fun-Field where the awards are "Celebrity Pics."

While I have only seen one Callaway ever, in the NCCC area, I do know that we seem to capture the Celebrity Pic awards with our Callaways - in 2002, SIX OF US, were chosen by the panel of ~ 100 Judges who come from within the Corvette hobby :cool

The Bowling Green show will have a "peoples choice" fun show as well however, I am not sure of the rest of the details, as this is our first year attending :cool

Quite possibly THE best venue, for "originality judging," is Bloomington Gold Cetification. While the Bloomington Gold show offers a judging system like no other, we have not gotten commitment yet for hosting an event there in June - That is not to say you could not take your Callaway there and have it judged - there were actually ~ 18 Corvettes from 1984 - 1996 there last year for this, the majority did achieve GOLD status :cool

Ned, I hope this helps and also, I would like to welcome you to the Callaway Forum here :cool

Enjoy! :beer
- Chris

Folks, Online for Callaway Reunion @ Carlisle has opened up :cool
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CE&Product_Code=3103

Click the link and register your Callaway for this amazing celebration, early :cool

See you in August - or before :cool

COGlogo1.gif

In addition to the Corvettes at Carlisle / Callaway Reunion Registration, the Corvette Museum Callaway Event Registration is also online. Complete with a schedule of events, you can register here: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/gathering/registration.shtml

Any questions, post on :beer

Quite possibly THE best venue, for "originality judging," is Bloomington Gold Cetification. While the Bloomington Gold show offers a judging system like no other, we have not gotten commitment yet for hosting an event there in June - That is not to say you could not take your Callaway there and have it judged - there were actually ~ 18 Corvettes from 1984 - 1996 there last year for this, the majority did achieve GOLD status :cool

Would there be a category of Bloomington Gold judging that the Speedster would fit in? I don't think it would change me going to that show, I'm mostly just curious.

Would there be a category of Bloomington Gold judging that the Speedster would fit in? I don't think it would change me going to that show, I'm mostly just curious.

Jon, unfortunately, no. I think the other thread about this matter brought forth some great points ( http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90983 )and thought it was / is a great discussion about the Aero Cars :cool

The big show in Bowling Green in May, and the Callaway Reunion @ Carlisle this coming August, will be THE places to be with your Callaway.

I hope that you and others make plans to attend :cool

As with past shows, please call upon your fellow Callaway Owners if there is ANYTHING you might need for a cross-county trip. These guys are the BEST bunch of Automotive Enthusiasts I have ever come across :cool
cog.gif

The big show in Bowling Green in May, and the Callaway Reunion @ Carlisle this coming August, will be THE places to be with your Callaway.

I hope that you and others make plans to attend :cool

As with past shows, please call upon your fellow Callaway Owners if there is ANYTHING you might need for a cross-county trip. These guys are the BEST bunch of Automotive Enthusiasts I have ever come across :cool
cog.gif

Folks, the details for the Bowling Green, KY Event should be wrapped up this weekend - expect an email to follow soon after...

As always, check back this thread often, for event details to include the hotels and itinerary :cool

Hope to see everyone come out and support these events - they are sure to offer something for everyone :upthumbs

Folks, the details for the Bowling Green, KY Event should be wrapped up this weekend - expect an email to follow soon after...

As always, check back this thread often, for event details to include the hotels and itinerary :cool

Hope to see everyone come out and support these events - they are sure to offer something for everyone :upthumbs

COGlogo1.gif

Please drop an email for hotel info for Bowling Green (NCM Event)

- Registration for the show is open now, with about three mos. 'till the big show!

Registration Link: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/gathering/registration.shtml

Also, if you have any questions, feel free to drop a note - :v :w
email%20logo2.jpg

From the National Corvette Museum website, the following event description has been listed with some important details:

Please keep in mind, the event credential (which are highly sought after collectibles) are only avail. to pre-registered attendees :cool

Be sure to register early for this once-in-a-lifetime event :cool

All participants pre-registering prior to 5:00 p.m. CT. April 23 2007 will receive a personalized event badge and a commemorative dash plaque as part of their registration!

NCM said:
The second event of the 2007 season offers C4/ZR-1 enthusiasts and all Corvette lovers a chance to see and do more than imaginable! This year's Gathering event offers road tour excursions, seminars, autocross, dyno pulls, celebrity/peoples choice car show, live auction, drive-through trouble shooting with Gordon Killebrew, banquet, and so much more. This year's event also features a special Callaway Corvettes display in the NCM circle!

The event begins on Thursday, May 3 with a road tour excursion to world-renowned Mammoth Cave National Park . This drive your own Corvette excursion also includes lunch and is limited to only 68 participants. Another road tour excursion is also offered as part of the Thursday's activities and offers an outing to Heaven Hill Distillery and the Schmidt Coca-Cola Museum . This excursion includes a box lunch at Heaven Hill and is also limited to only 68 participants. If you are not driving a Corvette you are still welcome to take part in the road tours and other activities. Have your Corvette tested on the Dyno by Back Street Performance, enjoy a “gimmick” tour of the Museum and take a tour the Corvette Assembly Plant as part of Thursday's activities. NCM volunteers will round off the day for all in attendance by leading at scenic road tour through the county-side. You must pre-register to participate in the road tour excursion outings and reservations for Corvette Assembly Plant tours must be arranged through the Corvette Plant: http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/
Friday's line-up offers participants a chance to enjoy several informative seminars in the Chevrolet Theater and a silent auction filled with collectibles. Gordon's trouble-shooting school will also be available throughout the day and guests can pre-order lunch and enjoy our outdoor picnic area for a quiet getaway. A group photo to commemorate the event can be pre-ordered following the shoot on Friday at 1:30 . A live auction in the Chevrolet Theater will take place at 2:00 p.m. offers some very unique and collectible pieces of memorabilia. A catalog of the auction items will be available prior to the auction.

Autocross at Trace Diecast jump starts the activities for Saturday, and this activity is limited to only 40 participants. Pre-registration is required to be a part of the fun. More informative seminars, the ZR-1 Net Registry, Callaway Owners and Grand Sport Registry meetings will be taking place throughout the day in at the Museum and participants will have another opportunity to tour the Kentucky countryside on a scenic road tour later in the afternoon.

The Gathering Banquet will cap off the day and begin an evening at the Sloan Convention Center that you don't want to miss. Join us for a memorable evening as we unite with enthusiasts and celebrities and enjoy a great dinner and time to mix and mingle. You must pre-register for this activity to participate. Seating is limited.

Registration is now open for the 2007 C4/ZR-1 Gathering and we look forward to your participation. All participants pre-registering prior to 5:00 p.m. CT. April 23 2007 will receive a personalized event badge and a commemorative dash plaque as part of their registration! Register now to be a part of this memorable event here:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom