Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Spring Cleaning in Dec.)Spent the day w/ the Callaway...

*89x2*

Spent the day w/ the SuperNatural Callaway, doing a bit of spring cleaning :cool

Spring cleaning, WHAT!!! :crazy :confused It was in the mid-60's today, and it felt a bit like spring, so with bucket and soap in hand I set out to clean some grime from the car.

Here are a few pics from before and after - The front suspension was CAKED in road-grime and an aerosol can of brake-clean did the magic trick on the auminum parts...

Anyone else feel like spring has come and winter was skipped?? :confused

Before:

sns1.jpg

After:

sns2.jpg

sns3.jpg

If those runflats ever get so dirty that you don't want to clean them... let me know before you throw them out ;)

It's been in the upper 70s and lower 80s here for the last week. It's great! 2 weeks of cold weather is enough winter for me!

If those runflats ever get so dirty that you don't want to clean them... let me know before you throw them out ;)

Thanks Erik :cool

Brangeta, I actually was taking the wheels off to clean the insides of them :ugh

Also, I cleaned the lugnut covers and the lug-wells on the wheels :cool

You are always welcome to come clean my car!...

:L

-Luigi
:cool

Anyone willing to clean my car that well is welcome to drive it! :Steer

Just took a break for lunch :drool: after using Q-tips for the past 2 hrs on small parts underhood :eek

I did take the injector covers off and dunked them in water, then blew them off w/ compressed air - W/ Reeves' signature on them, I am extremely careful :cool

...back outside for more cleaning :beer

Did Callaway finish the C4 Injector Covers? I haven't heard anythin about them in months?

Did Callaway finish the C4 Injector Covers? I haven't heard anythin about them in months?

I only saw one set - I am reasonably sure it is on the back burner for now, as there is so much (C6 SuperCharger) work being done on the new cars right now.

I may still write to the North Pole though anyways on this - Hope all is well down in Texas :beer

Very nice Chris, looks like new! :)

Groeten Peter.

Thank you Peter :cool

I spent most of today doing some more - I also found a silver metallic sharpie to be a VERY close match to the silver caps on the wheels :cool

It was fun to be out there - hadn't spent that much time, in a long time, cleaning the car...

cln1.jpg

cln2.jpg

cln3.jpg

Be careful with those silver Sharpies. I discovered that it matched the original paint on our Z28 better than the touchup paint, and ended up redoing the entire front end just about ;LOL

Fortunately, I believe it came off after washing and waxing over a few months.

I only saw one set - I am reasonably sure it is on the back burner for now, as there is so much (C6 SuperCharger) work being done on the new cars right now.

I may still write to the North Pole though anyways on this - Hope all is well down in Texas :beer
80 degrees :cool and Sunny....a harsh winter...we keep washing the cars and putting them away for winter storage week after week :)

I wrote to the North pole on Runflat brakes, 100+, valve covers, and injector covers but did only heard an echo so let me know if you have any luck

70 degrees here today :cool Went out and stripped the old wax off the SNAT and then did some "touch up" paint, here & there :cool

I think reality (read: 40 degree weather) is right around the corner :ugh

Car is looking BETTER THAN EVER :w

...day #3

Spent the afternoon, doing a bit more touching up of the wheel-wells and other areas :cool

Also, vaccumed out the interior and wiped down a bit more of the engine bay...

The car has never looked better - well, maybe back when it was new & on the pages of Corvette Quarterly magazine when its full construction / delivery was covered in detail :cool

Also added today, a new license plate - No Callaway4Fun, not another Farm Use tag ;) :beer

Enjoy!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Your car gets all the cool Callaway bling :). I don't remember seeing Callaway plates on their online store.

Your car gets all the cool Callaway bling :). I don't remember seeing Callaway plates on their online store.

I actually have (1991) Callaway Owner Jim Gramms to thank for this - or at least the old design decal which I took a smoke plexi-plate, painted the back black, and added the decals to the front to make what you see there :cool

Here is a better picture of the plate - the vinyl has a lot of metallic in it :cool

attachment.php

That looks awesome! Some day... some day... I'm going to have one just like it... :_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom