Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone ever heard of "Classic Auto Accessories of North America" Wheels?

V

vet1

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but a life-long Corvette fan. I just bought my dad's old '85 Vet and it has some parts on it I have never seen anywhere else. He bought the car used in '89 with these wheels already on it, so we don't really know much histroy on them, other than some stories. Hopefully someone can clue me in on them...

The car has a set of these wheels which were supposedly ultra high end back in the 80's, has anyone else ever heard of them?? I have only seen them one other time, on the back of a VCR tape called "Competition Corvettes". They are a true 3-piece wheel, 16", and they have "Made in Japan" stamped on the back along with the name. They are extremely light, maybe they are Magnesium?? I tried to find them on the web but no luck. Here's a link to a copy of the video tape: http://cgi.ebay.com/Competition-Corv...QQcmdZViewItem
The back of that tape has a Red Vet with the same wheels and is the only other place I've ever seen them... I'm trying to find a link w/ pic of the wheel but no luck so far. I don't know how to post pics, does anyone want to host one for me??

Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

If you can post a picture of the wheels maybe someone has a clue. If the wheels are very light weight then chances are they are magnesium.

-Luigi
:cool

You can make a free webshots.com or photobucket.com account to host your pics.

You can make a free webshots.com or photobucket.com account to host your pics.

Thanks! Does Comcast work as well? I know they have some kind of picture hosting service but I've never used it...

Thanks,
Scott

I'm not sure, maybe. I host most of my pictures through my AOL account, so maybe you have some sort of Comcast FTP space.

I prefer webshots over any of the other methods though since you can upload really huge pictures without any size restrictions.

Im sorry I could only bring myself to host one of those pictures! That thing is an abomination :L :L :L Talk about ZERO brake cooling.

uglywheel.jpg

Gee Josh, you didn't have to be so rude about it. ;squint:

Those are pretty weird though... I've never seen anything like them.

Im sorry I could only bring myself to host one of those pictures! That thing is an abomination :L :L :L Talk about ZERO brake cooling.

uglywheel.jpg

Well they are 22+ years old... ;shrug

You'll notice however that my other rims have plenty of cooling capabilities :D

You other rims look much better-of course any rim would look better.:L

They look a lot better with the emblem on them... I actually like them, but that may just be because they were on my dad's vet. I'm sure you know what I mean.

We're just giving you a hard time, man. The more I think about I vaguely remember seeing those wheels WAAAY back in the day.

Psst stick with the OZ's :D

We're just giving you a hard time, man. The more I think about I vaguely remember seeing those wheels WAAAY back in the day.

Psst stick with the OZ's :D

I know you're all just messin around :beer

and yeah, the OZ's aren't going anywhere :cool

Just curious on the history of the rims since they seem to be rare. We were told some stories back in '89 and I've always wondered if they were true...

I know you're all just messin around :beer

and yeah, the OZ's aren't going anywhere :cool

Just curious on the history of the rims since they seem to be rare. We were told some stories back in '89 and I've always wondered if they were true...

I don't ever recall seeing a rim like that. Use whatever set of rims you like, It's your car. If we all had the same taste-it would be boring. They have value to you and that is all that matters.

I don't ever recall seeing a rim like that. Use whatever set of rims you like, It's your car. If we all had the same taste-it would be boring. They have value to you and that is all that matters.

Thanks.

I'll probably use the OZ's on the street and use the others for road racing/playing around. I'm not going to compete, just something fun to do with my son.

I'll get that other pic up tonight when I get home :beer

Thanks for adding the pic, now maybe someone can identify them ;help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom