Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

spotlight bulb for levers etc. / see pic

cinci5

Corvette
1982 Red w/red leather int.
There is a small Magnified bulb just over the radio in that small square extension that sticks out, has anybody ever gotton the correct replacement bulb and where. It has a magnifier end on the bulb to project the light down on to the controls :confused
bulb2.jpg

I replaced mine a few years ago. I got the Bulb from a Corvette Shop in Livermore, CA.. he really hosed ($$$) me for the bulb... then I saw them at a Corvette Shop in Vacaville CA. for $2.00 or so..

I haven't looked lately but I think at one time Corvette Central, and a couple others carried the RIGHT bulb... and don't waste your time putting in a regular type bulb, it won't give enough direct light to be of any use ;)

Bud

Bud is right, a regular light isn't enough! I'm going to replace all the interoir bulbs with Led bulbs so I hope they will give enough light. :)

Groeten Peter

i didn't even realize there was a light there....
That would REALLY help using the heat/AC at night. I will have to look for a replacement bulb.

Thanks for the tip!

There is a small Magnified bulb just over the radio in that small square extension that sticks out, has anybody ever gotton the correct replacement bulb and where. It has a magnifier end on the bulb to project the light down on to the controls :confused
bulb2.jpg

WOW! I had no idea there was a light there. I will definately be checking this out later. When did these lights appear and was this a standard option?

As far as I know they are standard to illuminate the controls. Corvette Central has them, I called to make sure it was the right one and I did order it thanks again for the expert advice. Boy I love This place.:CAC

Bud is right, a regular light isn't enough! I'm going to replace all the interoir bulbs with Led bulbs so I hope they will give enough light.
Won't voltage be a problem?

And on a personal note...I've been wondering this forever now. Is your first name Peter or is that actually your last name? Is Groeten your name or a dutch(?) word?
Sorry...call me a stupid american with a language barrier. :bash hahahaah...

Nope Voltage isn't the issue ;) it's the tip of the bulb and the magnifcation it is made with to focus the light ;)

I'll let Peter answer the other part, we're a 1981 Tag Team with Gerry, Bill and a others that can tap in anytime :beer

Bud

I like the sound of being part of the L81 tag team :D
Putting a led in there is somewhat of a gamble. Superbright has leds that have a 10 degree focus beam I hope that is enough.

And on a personal note...I've been wondering this forever now. Is your first name Peter or is that actually your last name? Is Groeten your name or a dutch(?) word?
Sorry...call me a stupid american with a language barrier. hahahaah...

No problem, you don't wanna know how much I hit the abc check button before posting a reply ;) You're right, Peter is my name and Groeten is dutch for Greetings :)

Groeten Peter

Peer81;818342 Groeten is dutch for Greetings :) Groeten Peter[/quote said:
thats what I always thought...

I didn't realize that was a special bulb in there...:ugh
I knew it focused on the a/c heater controls...I found that out at carlisile when we left the hotel to get to the ground very early....

Groeten Peter,
It's good to know there are folks like you that are interested in Corvettes in the Netherlands. Do you know about the new Dutch Chapter of the NCRS? Perhaps it's something you would like to check out. They seem to be a very friendly group of Corvette fans.
Regards,
Alan

WOW! I had no idea there was a light there. I will definately be checking this out later. When did these lights appear and was this a standard option?

Hey Jeff,

When my friend picked up his '79, I noticed the light shing down over the center console region. It's pretty cool. It had a kinda red tint if I remember correctly.

Ralph

Hello Alan,

Sure I know some of the dutch NCRS guys! Very cool shop they created. I intend to join one meeting of them this year, I'm very curious how they judge a car (and I think it would be fun if they could find every non original part on mine, because there're many! :D)

If somebody could take a (in the dark) picture how the correct light bulb would illuminate the ac console I could check (in the future) if the led is a good replacement.

Greetings Peter ;)

Hello Alan,

Sure I know some of the dutch NCRS guys! Very cool shop they created. I intend to join one meeting of them this year, I'm very curious how they judge a car (and I think it would be fun if they could find every non original part on mine, because there're many! :D)

If somebody could take a (in the dark) picture how the correct light bulb would illuminate the ac console I could check (in the future) if the led is a good replacement.

Greetings Peter ;)

I don't think a LED will work because the actual bulb has a special reflector type of magnifier on the end of the bulb to direct light down to the controls. Unless you have a way to point the LED straight down like a beam then it probably won't work.

Ralph, I have not driven the Vette at night yet since I have owned it so this new find is pretty cool. H ave not had a chance to check yet since Vette is in the shop.

I checked yesterday for this light and I do have one. It works. Very cool. Never knew there was one there.

I found it at the local Autozone. It's one of 2 Sylvania bulbs. I just bought both and one of them worked.

Thanks Guys ;LOL

While at CruiseFest IV Colorado Springs my light burnt out as we pulled out of the parking lot, after some fantastic food, at a very Fine Italian Resturant :eek

Lucky for us, Rik Noring at Corvette Center had one :D I don't know if all this attention about this little know bulb made it seek all this attention or it was the Altitiude ;LOL but we be good to go now... :upthumbs

Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom