Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wife rocks!

S

STi-to-Z06

Well, let me start off by stating that when I was looking for my Corvette, I started with the base C5. I was very excited and very into the car.

My wife hits the web to look for more of them. abit later she asks me, What is a Z06???

I tell her, it's the fast version.

She says, well, if you are buying a Vette, you might as well get the best!

DING! SCORE!

So today, I am getting ready to go show my new baby to a friend and she comes at me with that silly "I bought you something" grin on her face.

She makes me close my eyes and hands me a very nice chrome license plate surround with the Z06 logo on it. She drove 30 minutes each way to get it at ZIP Corvette in Mechanicsville Va.

My wife ROCKS.

Let's hear your rockin' wife stories!

Nine years ago we got divorced, I kept my 86 Vette she got a 90 ford probe, I bought her out of the house for 10G's she got the lucent stock ( @$70+per share). She bought more @ $25 per share, The house well that went up in value,
I now have an 04 convertible and looking to get an 08 coupe.

My Ex Rocks

Ouch!

LUCENT TECH INC (NYSE)Last Trade:2.55

When the housing market decided that I wasn't going to retire this summer my wife decided I needed my Corvette now instead of waiting two years. After looking for about six weeks she came downstairs on a Sunday morning and told me she'd found my car (it wasn't upstairs, it was on the internet). Five days later I had a 2004 convertible [see the 'Merry Christmas To Me' thread]. On top of that, she loves to drive a manual transmission as much as I do. I taught her to drive a stick while we were dating and she autocrossed for eight years after that.

Nine years ago we got divorced, I kept my 86 Vette she got a 90 ford probe, I bought her out of the house for 10G's she got the lucent stock ( @$70+per share). She bought more @ $25 per share, The house well that went up in value,
I now have an 04 convertible and looking to get an 08 coupe.

My Ex Rocks

Wife and I both had a late night laugh! TY TY!

Yes, they do rock at times. My Wifey story follows:

The short version, since I cant find the original post.

Wifey gets cervical spine injury, she is loosing mind staying home all week, started taking her out in the truck every weekend to get her out of the house.
Got the idea to get a car just to take her out in. No idea, always loved vettes, figured Id get an "old" one, nothing fancy, just like a 67 coupe with side pipes.
Well, after they threw cold water on me to revive me (when I saw what they were going for), I switched plans. Started looking into both the C3 and C4, nice cars, not expensive, but ride too stiff (C3) for wifey and no head room for my big head (coupe C4). Never considered a C5, felt it was just too extravagant a purchase. Oh well, will keep truck. But still looking around at vetts.
So we're standing in a specialty vette dealer, wifey turns to me and says "which one would you pick, if you could have any of these ?". I tell her, this one (a black C5 coupe, and there were C6's there and old ones, C2's C3's). She says "wait here" and leaves.
Comes back in ten minutes and counts out the down payment to the dealer :W WTF! !

Me: Honey, what are you doing?
Wifey: You're getting this car.
Me: Honey, I dont know if we can afford this car, I wasnt looking for something really, really nice, just a car to cruise in.
Wifey: You're getting this car.
Me: OK, lets wait a bit, think about it.
Wifey: You're getting this car. How long are you going to wait to get one? (brief lecture from her about "you always do the right thing", brief discussion about the 9/11 thing, other stuff (I've had an interesting life :) ), and she finishes off with "What are you gonna do, wait till you need a walker to get to the car ?".
Me: <sweating now at the prospect of buying such a big toy> er......ah.....er....
Wifey : we're done here, when can we pick it up?

Best thing we ever did. Lotta great miles together so far. Excellent thing that we can do together. Added benefit = now that we are not going antiquing with the truck, there is a limit to what she can buy to what will fit in the vette :upthumbs so you actually save money :rotfl

I never would have made the jump, glad she pushed me over the edge.

Let's hear your rockin' wife stories!

Well, I'm the wife, and since I'm the real Corvette fanatic in our family, I could tell you lots of "wife stories" regarding our Corvette and Corvette purchases!! :L

Elaine

Well, I'm the wife, and since I'm the real Corvette fanatic in our family, I could tell you lots of "wife stories" regarding our Corvette and Corvette purchases!! :L

Elaine
Ok then Elaine,I guess your Not Done Typing yet!!
:boogie:boogie:boogie :D:D:D

I already had my '69, but always wanted a C2. After I had the '69 paid off I started looking at getting another C3 or a C4 to use as a daily driver. My wife says "you already have a C3 and I don't like the looks of the C4, why don't you get one of the older ones"? I said "They're a bit pricey", and she keeps telling me to keep looking for one. A month later, there's a '63 Vert nearby that goes up for sale and I went and scooped it up. She's not big into driving "in" the car, but she loves looking at it!

I've had two...the second ones are MUCH better than the first :D

Ditto.

Met my second wife at a Corvette show back in 1997 - she drove her own there. Been married 9 years now and 10 together. We have his and her Vettes in the garage and just bought a spare. Need a bigger garage to keep them all inside.

Wife is looking at houses with 4-car garages in the real estate markets!

The first wife is generally known as "The starter wife" the second one is usually the keeper!
I'm on #3!! And there won't be #4!!!!:upthumbs

The first wife is generally known as "The starter wife" the second one is usually the keeper!

I like the sound of that...I'm the second! It works for husbands, too!!;)

Elaine

popcorn.gif

Back in Jan 04, on my 60th birthday, my wife tells me to order a new Vette. And to get with the Museum delivery. She said that I had worked 40 years and I deserved it. I never argue with my wife when she makes so much sense :Wso I ordered a MSG vert with the 1SB package and we flew down to Bowling Green to pick it up. We had a great time down and driving the 750 miles home. At the time we already had a 65 vert and her 94 coupe sitting in the garage. She's been a keeper for 42 years:beer

I've had two...the second ones are MUCH better than the first :D

I guess that I am one of the fortunate ones - the first is the keeper and I couldn't find a better wife if I tried, and I don't want to. She supports my passion for corvettes, and wants me to by a new one with the NCM delivery. We have 2 red corvettes, ours and ours; she loves to ride in them and look at them, but doesn't want to drive them. Met her in 1969 when I had two 427s, roadster and coupe. She learned to drive a manual tranny on my 66 427 roadster in 1972 and would take it out on a spin when I was on travel for my work. Now she prefers the auto tranny in her blazer. She encouraged me to buy the 02 coupe for my retirement, even though retirement was 3 years away (June 08). So, while this isn't a story about what my wife did for me, it is a continuing story of her support of my passion, her and the corvettes.
Barrett

A little over a year ago, on my birthday, my wife tells me that maybe I should start seriously looking for my Vette. I had been thinking I would get a C4 and that is what I had be looking at. Well my wife says that she doesn't want a car that needs a lot of work so I should look for something newer. A couple of months later I found my 2000 vert and even though it was bit more then we had budgeted for she said get it. How could I possibly argue with that?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom