Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

This is what happens when Corvette owners don't wave at each other...funny

HAHA, that is good!

Funny, just today I saw a black Vette drive down RT.9 and we both waved! I'm new to owning a Vette, but I thought it was the coolest thing!!!

That guy deserved it!!

I am glad to see someone finally taking the :wseriously!!!

PUHLEASE SAVE THE :w!

saw the old snobby bastard in my town with the white Z06 driving around today who looks down his nose at me whenever he gets the chance.... i still wave to him but only with a certain finger:finger

Maybe it's a bit silly but The wave is important to me too.
Whenever I let my wife drive the Vette I always tell her that she has to wave at other Corvettes (she does) or she won't be allowed to drive it anymore.
The funny thing is that she has told me on numerous occasions that the newer Vette owners are dicks because they don't wave back.

I have a 74 MGB as well and having that is like having a Vette 20 years ago...friendly people waving at each other.
In fact, Half the time I've seen another MGB on the road it usually involves pulling over and talking and comparing cars and trading tech tips...I miss that with Corvette owners.

ONLY 150

THEY WERE WAY TOO EASY ON THAT GUY !!!:bash
ONLY 150 ROUNDS;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL
HE DESERVED MORE

SAAAAAAAAVE THAT WAVE MAN:upthumbs

VERY FUNNY:thumb

Very funny....................What's even more funnier then that is the "5 houses, 3 wives and only one corvette" :boogie

Thanks Robert, I wrote 'em both :)

Although I think that the bullets are not really good.
1. How would the Corvette get home? TOWING?
2. what if those bullet accidentally damage the Corvette?
3.will the insurance policy cover property damage on the Corvette in such incident due to the drivers negligence?
I think that a the cops should have given him bunch of tickets so he would be an example for everyone.

Sometimes it is hard to tell If I am getting a wave back or they are picking there nose. I keep meeting a blue and a red Vette where I live and the two women won't wave back even when I am in my Olsmobile;LOL

Damn, you guys are brutal! Even Jesse James was given a headstone. You know, I never put that together before. Jesse James was also known to be unfriendly and didn't return the wave. I wonder if Bob Ford was really a Pennsylvania State Trooper?

the two women won't wave back even when I am in my Olsmobile;LOL

That's becasue
A. They're women
B. It's probably not their car.

I know it sounds sexist but it's almost always true

Or John, you could just be really hard on the eyes :)

That's becasue
A. They're women

I know it sounds sexist but it's almost always true

You're right. It does sound sexist.

Ouch. :L

Don't take it personally, John. If the driver's - male or female - aren't aware that we Corvette owners have this little wave tradition, they probably think you're being fresh. ;)

:wJane Ann

That's becasue
A. They're women

Come on. Most women (I'll guess 75%...yes a non-scientific guess) that you see in a Corvette are usually not their owners.
My wife drives a Corvette quite a bit...but it's mine. (Though she claims it's hers now)
Corvettes aren't usually the flavor of choice for women.
I'm also on an MGB forum with around 1500 members. Less than 10% of those members own MGB's.
The reality is that when the choice is between a BMW Z3, a Honda 2000S or any other comparable 2-seat sports car and a Corvette, a woman will usually pick a Corvette last.

I'll let R.L. Polk & Co say it better:

"...According to the national motor vehicle registration database compiled for 2003 by R.L. Polk & Co., the BMW M5 and Porsche 911 were Nos. 2 and 3, respectively, in male buyer percentages with at least 88.8 percent of the buyers being men.

The Chevrolet Corvette convertible, an all-American, V8-powered sports car, was third with just over 89 percent of its buyers being men.

The RAV4 compact sport utility vehicle, which starts at just over $18,000, is among the vehicles that attract the largest percentage of women buyers and the lowest percentage of men, according to two auto industry reports."

"Guys like to go fast and make noise; girls don't," explained Charlie Vogelheim, editor at Kelley Blue Book, which monitors auto industry trends and pricing.

"Those of us who were raised in the late '60s and in the '70s were told" girls and boys didn't have to follow stereotypes, Vogelheim continued. "But after having families of our own, we realize that (males and females) just are different."

Vogelheim also realizes that there are men and women who don't fit the stereotypes. They're just few and far between and don't sway the overall automotive statistics.

Just because something sounds sexist doesn't mean that it is and sometimes simply opening your eyes and looking around will tell you what's going on.
Right or wrong, pc or not pc, Corvettes tend to be boys' toys more often than not.

Maybe it's a bit silly but The wave is important to me too.
Whenever I let my wife drive the Vette I always tell her that she has to wave at other Corvettes (she does) or she won't be allowed to drive it anymore.
The funny thing is that she has told me on numerous occasions that the newer Vette owners are dicks because they don't wave back.

I have a 74 MGB as well and having that is like having a Vette 20 years ago...friendly people waving at each other.
In fact, Half the time I've seen another MGB on the road it usually involves pulling over and talking and comparing cars and trading tech tips...I miss that with Corvette owners.

Had 2 (early) 74's myself, (at the same time) a coupe & a roadster, yes there was always real comradery there. I find the newer turn the key & drive vette owners are the ones that dont wave, the hands on classic guys always seem to have time for a wave.
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom