Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Wheel Options?

74bigblock

Corvette
2008 Z06
We are in the market for a 92-96 C4 Vert w/Auto and FX3. I came across the vehicle in the photo, but am wondering if these 5 spokes were an option for the 40th, or should it have the sawbalde wheels for correctness? ...just a point I might be able to use to work the deal more in my favor. Appreciate any insights, as this is my first shopping trip for a C4! Thank you! Dave

1993-chevrolet-corvette-base-2dr-convertible.jpg

Yea, those are the ZR1 type wheels. Your 40th should have had sawblades on them. My 94 had sawblades on it when I bought it, but I like the ZR1 wheels better, so I changed them out.

I like both... this is purely for negotiation tactics... they are asking $15K and has 65K miles. Seems relatively reasonable, but is above what is in my budget (just can't find anything else this clean).

Make sure the FX3 shocks are working well. They can be expensive to repair/replace.

Hi Tuna, Any specific methodology to test they are working properly, other than drive it in all 3 modes and get no idiot lights on the dash? Thanks! Dave

Hi Tuna, Any specific methodology to test they are working properly, other than drive it in all 3 modes and get no idiot lights on the dash? Thanks! Dave
That's a start plus checking them for leaks. The FX3 shocks have electrical connections at the top of each shock (front shock connections are obvious with the hood up - rears a little harder to see). I have seen FX3 cars for sale with standard shocks installed - i.e. no electrical connection to the shock. Don't pay extra for FX3 that isn't really there.

Yea, I had to have my FX-3 shocks rebuilt.....not cheap, but they came back like new.

Pic of the old 94.
with sawblades
mkLSxxz.jpg

With ZR1 wheels
S7AdUsh.jpg

I actually miss that car!

Good luck with the negotiations.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom