Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1979 Hood Passenger Side Hood Latch

gmschulz

Corvette
1979 L-82
The hood release on the passenger side of my later production 1979 L82 is not releasing. Drivers side works fine. According to multiple sources (YouTube, forum, shop manual, etc.), there should be a rubber plug on either side of the car near the latch that when removed allows for access to release the latch. However, my car does not appear to have such an access port on the passenger side. Any information / suggestions will be much appreciated!

It's there,it may have a rubber plug in it.you will probably need a long screwdriver to get thru the hole to release the latch..
good luck!

Thanks for responding. I can see the location where the plug “could be”. However, no hole, no plug. From a number of the drawings of seen, it appears 78 may have been the cut off for including these access ports. Will certainly take another look though!

I have an '81 and they have them.I keep a long thin screwdriver next to the drivers seat just in case.:oops:
unless some one has done body work in that area I don't understand why they wouldn't be there.

I found mine and I cant believe where they put it!!
take a lite,look in front of the passenger side wiper.that's where the plug is located.
its a dumb place to look for it!!!!:hb:hb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom