Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 10 amp Cruise Fuse

John Robinson

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1993 Polo Green Coupe
I have just been under the dash and looked at all the wires vacuum etc to the cruise and brake switch. Still no cruise.

">

">

Now the hard part according to my FSM page 8A-34-0 the cruise control has a 10 amp fuse in the I/P fuse block. Can someone take me by the hand and lead me to it. I simply can not find it and believe it may be bad as I have no power to the cruise. :confused

According to the owner's manual there are three fuse panels:

the main one which is located on the right side of the instrument panel, and two maxi fuse blocks in the engine compartment, one integrated to the forward lamp harness on the wheel house near the battery and the other in the ECM harness at the rear of the battery. But only one of these, the ECM block, has a 10 amp fuse and that's for under hood lights.

Otherwise the only fuse shown for the speed control is #32, a 5 amp fuse located just above the two 20 amp fuses in the lower portion of the main fuse panel. ZR1s may be different.

8A 34-0 does show a 10 amp. fuse.
8A 11-5 shows a 5 amp fuse for the cruise control.

I assume if you had the Low tire Pressure sensor module
or the Canadian day time running lamp module which shares the same fuse, they replaced the #32 IP 5 amp. fuse with a 10 amp. fuse.

Should have 12 volts at that fuse when the ignition is in run, start or bulb test.

father & son

Be sure your break switch is set correctly, and IS touching the break arm.
interiortempest-02-1.jpg

check location #32 5Amp fuse

Right I know about the 5 amp fuse what I don't know is were the 10 amp fuse shown in the Field Service Manual on page 8A 34-0 is located. This chart also refers to page 8A 11-5 which shows the 5 amp fuse in location #32. It also shows that those cars with the low tire pressure warning module and the daylight running lights (Canada only) are run through that same 5 amp fuse. So that brings me back to there must be two fuses for the cruise control and only one of them is in the fuse block on the passenger side.:confused Now if an electrical engineer can look at these schematics and figure out if there are one or two fuses on the cruise that would get me out of the box I am in with my thinking:BDH

Right I know about the 5 amp fuse what I don't know is were the 10 amp fuse shown in the Field Service Manual on page 8A 34-0 is located. This chart also refers to page 8A 11-5 which shows the 5 amp fuse in location #32. It also shows that those cars with the low tire pressure warning module and the daylight running lights (Canada only) are run through that same 5 amp fuse. So that brings me back to there must be two fuses for the cruise control and only one of them is in the fuse block on the passenger side.:confused Now if an electrical engineer can look at these schematics and figure out if there are one or two fuses on the cruise that would get me out of the box I am in with my thinking:BDH

Have you checked the 10 amp fuses in positions 14 & 15? They're labeled F.P.1 & F.P.2 (possibly "fuse panel"). I'm not sure if they're the ones you're looking for but all the other 10 amp fuses seem to be fairly easy to understand: valet, turn, a/c cluch, etc.

Sorry, just checked again, FP is fuel pump.

As an aside, I hope you're still using you car. I can understand wanting everything to work, but to be honest if my cruise control crapped out on me I'd never notice it since I never use it. I don't feel I'm in control of the car with cruise control.

You either have a 5 amp fuse or a 10 amp fuse at location #32.

It appears the Helms manual has the size of the fuse reversed.

On page 8a 11-5 the diagram shows three devices getting 12 volts from Cruise fuse 5 amp. It should be 10 amp. The 12 volts comes from a Yellow wire on Circuit #805.

If you look at the diagram on 8a 34-0 it shows a 10 amp fuse which should be 5 amp. The 12 volts comes from a Yellow wire on Circuit #805.

The circuit numbers are the same which indicates there is only one fuse.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious. I have a '92 and have a 10 Amp fuse off of the main block. I'm guessing that the 5 amp is applicable to your '93.

This site may be a good start for cruise diagnostics.

http://www.corvettefever.com/howto/82001/index.html

I managed to fix my cruise problem after many hours of frustration. :W
I was able to trace my problem to a ribbon connector which ran through the steering column. The cruise power line was leaking voltage to the adjacent line, which happened to be the cruise set/coast switch, thereby creating a constant set/coast mode. The voltage only seemed to leak at 12V+ but not at the lower VOM battery voltage I was testing with. I clipped the power line and ran a replacement line and all was well again. Hopefully, your problem will be something a little more obvious.

You either have a 5 amp fuse or a 10 amp fuse at location #32.

It appears the Helms manual has the size of the fuse reversed.

On page 8a 11-5 the diagram shows three devices getting 12 volts from Cruise fuse 5 amp. It should be 10 amp. The 12 volts comes from a Yellow wire on Circuit #805.

If you look at the diagram on 8a 34-0 it shows a 10 amp fuse which should be 5 amp. The 12 volts comes from a Yellow wire on Circuit #805.

The circuit numbers are the same which indicates there is only one fuse.

Thanks for this information I will stop looking for the 10 amp fuse. I have pulled vacuum on the dump hose to the brake by sucking on the hose and it held vacuum. I have vacuum to the servo but if I remove the dump hose and depress the diaphragm with my finger over the dump hose fitting the diaphragm will not stay depressed. In my manual there is an electrical test procedure to do the same thing. I think I will try it to verify that the servo is bad.

In the FSM for my 96, page 8A-11-0 shows a 10 amp fuse in position #32 of the I/P Fuse Block (cruise), but my car has LTPWS.

Jake

In the FSM for my 96, page 8A-11-0 shows a 10 amp fuse in position #32 of the I/P Fuse Block (cruise), but my car has LTPWS.

Jake

Is it possible that with the addition of LTPWS and/or DRLs the circuit controlled by fuse #32 is upgraded and a larger fuse installed?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom