Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

15% discount on service

V

vipereater

Today I had the brake-traction control module replaced and the dealership gave me a 15% discount on parts and labor. Whew whew. :cool

Very cool. Were you happy with the quality of work performed? What dealership?

Did they charge the 90 bucks an hour, then give the discount? I think the new national hourly rate is moving to 90 an hour at chevy dealers

There is no "national hourly rate" for chevy dealers. Dealers set their own labor rate. Most dealers are in the $70 to $80 range.

DealerTech said:
There is no "national hourly rate" for chevy dealers. Dealers set their own labor rate. Most dealers are in the $70 to $80 range.

i think that is a "National Rate" to me that is nuts but then again i wouldn't be so mad if they would split the labor with the actual mechanic 50/50 but they don't. i just recently had a fuel pump go up on my vette and the dealer fixed it but screwed it up and had to take it back. they did fix it right for no charge on the second go around after having it in the shop for a total of 5 days. to me 5 days to do a 2 hour job and charge nearly 500 bucks is totally wrong. but what can you do???

Even $70 per hour is way too much... Full time, that is over $140,000 per year. The tech probably gets 20 per hour if he is lucky, which is a bit over 40,000 per year.... the other 100 grand is mostly profit for the dealer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom