Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1960 with sun visors

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
I understand that 1960 cars (and I will assume some earlier ones) had sun visors as options. My car has holes in the top windshield trim piece which look like they are for visors.

Does anyone that has visors provide me with where the holes are located on the top trim piece for the visors? Photos would help too.

for those that have been into their windshield trim pieces is the holes for the visor just in the SS trim piece or do they extend further into the frame pieces?

I am trying to sort out if I just need to add sun visors to my car or if the holes are not correct do I need to get them fill or a replacement trim piece.

Any one?

thanks, Herb

Herb, the sun visors were RPO 261 in 1960, and cars specifying them got an upper molding with holes; the inboard holes had a tapping plate on the back side threaded for the machine screws, and the outboard holes lined up over tapped holes in the windshield posts to accept those screws.

:beer

Herb, the sun visors were RPO 261 in 1960, and cars specifying them got an upper molding with holes; the inboard holes had a tapping plate on the back side threaded for the machine screws, and the outboard holes lined up over tapped holes in the windshield posts to accept those screws.

:beer
anyone know where I can get a new upper molding without the holes for sun visors?

I've got one if you do NOT want sunvisors.

I wanted the sunvisors for my '59 and had to buy the sunvisor specific upper molding at Carlisle a few years ago. I bought it from Mary Jo Rohner and it was NOT cheap. (When I protested the price she said "They don't re-pro them and you have to buy a whole car to get one !")

My non-visor piece is sitting in my basement. It's in fairly good shape; if you're interested let me know and I'll try to get some decent pictures of it for you to look at.

Starting tomorrow (1/2/07) I will be mostly out of town for the next couple of weeks (or more).

Bernie O.

I've got one if you do NOT want sunvisors.

I wanted the sunvisors for my '59 and had to buy the sunvisor specific upper molding at Carlisle a few years ago. I bought it from Mary Jo Rohner and it was NOT cheap. (When I protested the price she said "They don't re-pro them and you have to buy a whole car to get one !")

My non-visor piece is sitting in my basement. It's in fairly good shape; if you're interested let me know and I'll try to get some decent pictures of it for you to look at.

Starting tomorrow (1/2/07) I will be mostly out of town for the next couple of weeks (or more).

Bernie O.
you have a PM...thanks, Herb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom