Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1962 Corvetter "Admirals & Generals" Program?

D

DSRTDWELR

Hello, I am new here. Am wondering if any of the resident C1 historians might recall if
there was a 1962 Model Year program entitled "Admirals & Presidents" a special content
run that supposedly adds value to such cars? I am interested in such vehicle and the
owner claims this heritage for his car. True fact or "fake news"? Thank you.

Jon Lundberg, aka DSRTDWELR

Welcome to the CAC

I have been involved with Corvettes since 1964 or so and I am not familiar with this program. Do you know what the nature of the program was supposed to be? I do know that Chevrolet supplied Corvettes to the astronauts on a free lease deal but I don't ever recall seeing anything other than C2 and C3 cars in photos. There are threads on the NCRS Tech Board and articles in the NCRS Restorer magazine about astronaut Corvettes.

Tom

Tom: Thanks for the lead, i will follow it.

I have been involved with Corvettes since 1964 or so and I am not familiar with this program. Do you know what the nature of the program was supposed to be? I do know that Chevrolet supplied Corvettes to the astronauts on a free lease deal but I don't ever recall seeing anything other than C2 and C3 cars in photos. There are threads on the NCRS Tech Board and articles in the NCRS Restorer magazine about astronaut Corvettes.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom