Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1963 options

delorenzos

Corvette
1963 Daytona Blue Convt.
Is it possible to tell what options came on the car? Are there any identification tags? I have a 1963 convertible and would like to add power steering and power brakes. Would it depreciate in value if I do so?

Welome to the :CAC

Tank stickers, with their list of options, weren't used until 1967. The trim plate (beside the VIN plate) is located under the glovebox, but offers little additional information. Paperwork is your only hope.

Adding power steering and power brakes shouldn't affect value as they are easily removed anyway.

:w

Is there anyway of obtaining the original paperwork from GM? I dought it, but it dosn't hurt to ask.

Power brakes are easy to ad and will not harm the value, in my opinion. Make sure your car isn't a fuelie or 340HP, as the oil pan will not allow room for the power steering dampener. 340's and fuelies used the larger pans and were not available with PS.

Power brakes are easy to ad and will not harm the value, in my opinion. Make sure your car isn't a fuelie or 340HP, as the oil pan will not allow room for the power steering dampener. 340's and fuelies used the larger pans and were not available with PS.

Thanks for the info. It's nice to be able to take advange of those options without hurting the overall value of the car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom