Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1963 Restro Update - Trim - Part 2 of 2

1KULC7

Corvette
2014 Convertible
The interior was finished except for the well behind the seat. It was painted silver and was full of excesse glue runs from a sloppy job of putting the carpet in many years ago, along with just a bunch of gouges, so we sanded down and painted, this is the result:
w3.jpg

Real happy with this result, even though its covered, it details that make the car a winner, and we have tried to think of the smallest details.

Here are some more body shots:
w7.jpg

w2.jpg

Well, we are getting closer and closer. Will be working on a few other items today. One thing, the Cookie Sheets (flat hood grills) I got are reproductions, and it appears the originals have a slight bend to them while the repops are just flat, thus the ends toward the winshield side are not flat on the hood, anybody got a fix for this? I have glued one on and waiting to see how it takes, but its really almost un-noticable.

I will keep you posted as we continue....got to order some more hardware....

your lines and seams look GREAT!

that's one of the things they are working on on my '65 in the shop now - well, WILL BE working on as soon as the paint is finished being stripped off and the 'glass "vents' for a week or so.
If mine comes out looking even 1/2 as good as yours (well, maybe a bit more than just half! LOL) I'll be thrilled.

Barry,

Patience and more patience is the trick. These cars need more TLC then most think, and I am sure if your body people are good, and have worked on these car before, you will have a great job. Keep us posted....Collin

EBvette-

That paint is absolutely beautiful! Can you tell me what it is other than Sebring Silver (PPG, Ditzler, DuPont, etc.)? Color number, Primer used, basecoat, all that?

Your car is stunning.

Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom