Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1967 for $140,100.00 ...Reserve NOT met

JonM

Corvette
84 Coupe
Astronaut Gus Grissom’s 427 435 hp1967 Corvette

EBAY Link

57_12_sb.JPG

Jon,

Nice car. The $175,000 "buy it now" is about right.
I'll be re-appraising mine next year and upping the insurance coverage as these cars are headed for the moon (pardon the pun). ;)

I've already received a purchase offer of substantially more than my appraisal. It'll have to be waaaaaaaay more to ever pry Heaven from my fingertips. :D

IMG_2801-cropped.jpg

67HEAVEN said:
Jon,

Nice car. The $175,000 "buy it now" is about right.

Is it REALLY worth that much, or is it just the Gus Grissom connection? :confused

67 yours is worth twice that amount :_rock

BTW Love the new avatar - who is it Mr Canada?

He can't seem to decide what color the car should be:

"note: trim tag is rally red, but original color was marina blue."

If it was Marina Blue originally (and he has documentation to show that), but the trim tag on it now says it should be its current Rally Red, some "tag magic" has been taking place. :eyerole

JohnZ said:
He can't seem to decide what color the car should be:

"note: trim tag is rally red, but original color was marina blue."

If it was Marina Blue originally (and he has documentation to show that), but the trim tag on it now says it should be its current Rally Red, some "tag magic" has been taking place. :eyerole

Probably during those "missing" years, John. ;)

from eBay ad said:
There is a gap of a couple years in the late 70s that I have been unable to document. The car was restored during this time period..........

...I thought this was interesting :ugh

WARNING TO ALL BIDDERS! It has been brought to my attention from a bidder, that someone unscrupulous has been sending emails to bidders that the car is not authentic. I GUARANTEE ITS AUTHENTICITY!

If this car has been misrepresented in any way, as to its authenticity as being astronaut Gus Grissom’s Corvette, you will not be obligated to purchase the car and all moneys will be refunded.. If you are high bidder, you may come inspect the car as thoroughly as you wish before paying. You may come and inspect all documents such as the copy of the original title made out to Betty Grissom, and the letters from the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles verifying ownership, as well as numerous articles, including one from 1968. I can fax these documents to you now on your request.

The vin number of the car is 194677S102849.

I believe this person wants to purchase the car and is trying to keep the price down and scare away bidders. I am reporting this to ebay and seeing what legal action I can take.

My issue is this, If you had a car like this one, and had proof of what it was, why not return it to its orig color combo? repop trim tag or not, still seems to me that this car would be worth the most if it looked like it did when it was owned by Gus Grissom.

And for a car with non orig engine, non orig color combo and trim tag, thats a ton of $$$. At least seller seems honest in his description and did not hide the fact it was color changed and engine replaced. I bet we see this car later on owned by another and it will become reunited with its orig engine and trim tag!!

Dennis

67HEAVEN said:
Captain Canada. ;)

;LOL Looks a cool dude - based on your good self?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom