Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1969 convertable #'s matching 4 speed 350/300, AC, for sale

G

goertz

hi all, if you haven't noticed yet, I go through cars like most people change their underwear. anyway....as much as I love these cars, I haven't found my "true love" yet, so I'm still searching. I just found a 30k original mile 1973 454 4 spd coupe, and bought it. So, that means the '69 convert has to go. Here's the specs....
numbers matching 350/300 horse engine. vin stamp matches, this is the original engine for this car. It has been stroked to 383. It has an Edelbrock manifold and carter carb. Less than 700 miles on the rebuild.

It is a factory side pipe car, as best I can tell. I see no evidence of rear exhaust being filled in. appears to be a no hit body, all bonding strips are intact. Trim tag says car was originally black, now it's bridgehampton blue. Paint looks nice, some scratches here and there, nothing too major, very shiny, looks very nice. Aftermarket Ecklers front spoiler molded in, and sport mirrors. Black interior all original, and really quite nice, not perfect, but nice. no cracks in the dash or door panels, but someone did decide speakers should go in the door panels, so there were holes cut. I just recently put in some Pioneer speakers to fill the holes, and it has a Pioneer CD player, which sounds nice.

Entire front suspension was rebuilt. All bushings, all steering linkage, ball joints, etc. All clutch linkage new.

White top in nice shape, no hard top. weather stripping on top not great, the rest of the weather stripping on the car is good. All gages work except the clock, and the odometer quit working shortly after the previous owner bought it. The odometer now reads something like 76k, I would guess it's closer to 90k now.

The bad.........

Even though ALL the power steering components were replaced, for whatever reason, the power steering doesn't work. I'm guessing the pressure valve is bad. All these components look brand spankin new, and probably have less than 400 miles on them since the suspension/steering was all redone.

The steering box wasn't replaced, and it has plenty of play, and needs to be replaced. It's driveable, but there is lots of play.

some very minor, almost not noticeable overspray of primer on the lower dash areas, could very easily be touched up with vinyl dye.

ac compressor, brackets, hoses and condensor are missing.

wipers work when they feel like it, not when you feel like it.

the good......

factory 4 speed, ac, convertable, numbers matching, good interior, no hit body, decent paint (excellent for a driver), brand new reproduction rally wheels on their way, should be here any day, tilt-telescopic, factory side exhaust, not hooker, does have hooker headers though, and original manifolds, comes with original am/fm radio.

With very little TLC, you'd have a top quality car. I would replace door panels, steering box, remove front spoiler, and repaint engine correct color, and it's done.

price is $23000.00 firm, exactly what I have into it. if Interested, call me at 661-212-2026. some pics are located at

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=384470304

check the link. i can't seem to get it to work.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom