Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1970 Green-Silver Rally Wheels?

Corvette
1970 LS5 Coupe
Merry Christmas Everyone,

Santa gave me a can of Rally wheel paint this morning. When I checked out the can, this is what it says:

"IN LATE 1969 TO EARLY 1971 THE RALLYE WHEEL WAS PAINTED A GREENISH SILVER. THIS PAINT MATCHES THE SILVER ON 1967-1969E & 1971L-1982 RALLYE WHEELS. "

I did not know that the 1970 vettes had a different color wheel! I can't seem to find this color on any of the major Corvette parts vendor sites. Does anyone know where I can purchase this? Thanks!

Happy Holidays,

Vince

I bought about 6 cans of the Argent Silver-Green from Classic Industries. www.classicindustries.com. The last time I bought it was about 2 years ago and it was a perfect match to my '69 spare that has never been on the ground. I am not sure if its still available from them or not.

OEM Paint in California also sells the correct Argent Silver-Green for 69-71 Rally Wheels. Comes in "rattle cans". Quanta Restoration used to sell it too, but I don't think they do anymore. Chuck

Don't forget, the Argent Silver is only on the outside of the wheel, not the entire wheel. The backside or inside is flat black and should be painted first. Then paint the outside with the Argent without taping the holes.

This is true but everytime I do it I cant help it but to tape out the bacside.I know its not correct but ive tried doing it the way the general did and it doesnt look good,Im picky like that.

Thanks all!
I'll have to check out these vendors.

Vince

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom