Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1971 Coupe complete

J

joebio

71 coupe now blue, was 987 ontario orange nicely optioned with
M40 auto
A31 power windows
N37 Tilt/Tel
N40 power steering
C60 AC complete but not working
UA 60 alarm
J 50 power brakes
403 leather
luggage rack
K17 built 6/17/71
This car is in great shape. It is all there and is missing nothing. It is a steel bumper car that you can drive home. I have driven on 2 good 50 to 60 mile trips, I bought it about 4 weeks ago and unfortunately got to let it go for financial reasons. It is fun to drive, and has a good amount of power I will try to run down everything that you may ask in the following:
Engine (A-): Rebuilt, not matching numbers, 80-85 4bolt 350 with TEI, brand new edelbrock carb, chrome dressings, have had it for about 4 weeks and have not burnt any oil yet. Starts easily and idles perfectly. I have been trying to work backwards to get the specifics on the rebuild but have not had any luck as of yet. I can say this motor runs strong and needs nothing. Exhaust is good with no leaks or rust. The car also has a brand new gas tank.
Transmission (A+): auto 3 speed, shifts strong, will chirp second without much of a problem. Doesn’t miss a beat!
Suspension: (A) handles great, has new rear calipers and master cylinder, stops on a dime now. Chassis is solid, I have had the car up on jack stands and it is solid.
Vacuum parts (A+): Lights and wiper door work fine.
Body (C-): The body is 95% good, there is one spot on the passenger fender where it meets the windshield support and door that is off and one of the exhaust outlets is in need of repair. The only thing the car does need is paint, it is chipped in a few places, scratched in others, and it is not the original color (987 Ontario orange). From about 10 feet it looks nice, any closer and it is beat.
Wheels and Tires (B+): Rally wheels on very good firestone firehawks, they are all there, the rings have some scratches nothing to bad.
Interior: (B+) I believe it is the original interior the carpet is great, (one bad spot behind the seats). The seats are worn but original leather. The door panels are not bad at all, with a couple cracks on the armrests. The only other crack is on the dash pad in front of the driver. Working power windows, the AC is not working.
Gauges C+ OK this is the odd one, the speed works fine, the odometer does not, and the lens is missing over the speedo. The tach is mechanical and since the rebuild has a later model dist. It does not work. Fuel, amps, oil, temp all work, of course the clock does not!
Please only email me if you are truly interested, I really don’t want to sell it but the wife and 4 kids take priority over my toy!
401__07_08_2003__4_43_08.jpg

401__07_08_2003__5_23_30.jpg

401__07_08_2003__10_10_00.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom