Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1974 vette. Trim code 425 dark red vs. Oxblood?

retired ralph

Corvette
1974 White
There is not vinyl paint in dark red. Venders are telling me that Oxblood is the same. I purchased spray cans of oxblood and it seems much redder than my red. Is it different, or did my interior change because of it's age. Called the local auto paint supplier and he will mix me the dark red if I give him a sample part. Am I being too particular? Thanks Ralph

I suppose after 35+ years your interior has faded some....
see if you can find an area the most likely would not have (if any) seen the sun..
eg behind the seats.or under the side under the rear deck.

There is not vinyl paint in dark red. Venders are telling me that Oxblood is the same. I purchased spray cans of oxblood and it seems much redder than my red. Is it different, or did my interior change because of it's age. Called the local auto paint supplier and he will mix me the dark red if I give him a sample part. Am I being too particular? Thanks Ralph
You can't be too particular when it's something that means that much to you! That's part of what these cars are about, is satisfaction. If you're not satisfied now, you wont' be in a year, etc...
As suggested, get a sample from a hidden area and have the color custom mixed if needed.
With my experience, spray bombs of interior dye aren't that accurate. They're someones idea of what that color should be. I've purchased several from diff companies, and they're all a shade diff.
There's a forum member out there (not sure if he comes here) in Toronto, Canada who has a '74 in double Oxblood. (Paul67) One of my personal fav's. Look him up, as he has pic's of his interior. May give you a better idea of what you're looking for.
:beer
Good Luck-

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom