Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1976 Stingray Key Alarm?

J

Jade

Question of the day...

On the driver's side of my 'Vette is a key slot that my door key turns. When I turn the key in here nothing happens. The car still drives & everything works. So...what is this supposed to do? Was it some sort of primitive alarm/steering lock/ingition lock or something? Any suggestions on what it should be doing so that I know what type of fixing I need to do!

Thanks!!

That is the switch for a very rudimentary alarm system. Basically, when you alarm the system a separate horn should honk if anyone opens the doors or hood. No ignition kill or anything like that. Just noise.

But seeing as how you live in Kelowna BC, I can't imagine that car theft is a major issue....

It ties into the switches on the doors and one on the hood too, relay's beneath the jack compartment, horn under the drivers side rear quarter pannel. See if it's all there before you work on it too much, if it is get a test light or meter and post back, I'll tell you where I ended up looking for problems.. :)

note: above info applies to a 74 I know, should apply to others, someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom