Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1977 engine paint

sparky77

Corvette
1977 L82 auto white
I'm new here give you an update I've got a 1977 L82 auto vette.I've got the engine and trans out ,the engine parts are at the machinist and the car is sanded down for a new paint job.I should have the engine parts back later next week,than I'll build it,what is the best match for the engine paint?

Thanks,Pete

Welcome to CAC
Enjoy!!!
It's really a personal preference,what ever colors you like!😎

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the CAC

Is yours Chevy Orange or Corporate Blue? Early '77s were orange then they changed to blue sometime during the production year. The truth is that even the orange changed from one batch to another even if you bought it in GM packaging. I use the Dupli-Color engine enamels and like their durability. They are formulated for the high temps and fluids that will get on them. The GM blue DE1608 is a real close match to the blue on our 1981. If yours is blue, I think you will be happy with this.

If yours is orange
DE1620 Chevy engine orange is real close. GM didn't prime the bare casting before painting but I think it's a good idea if your engine parts are coming back bare. Be sure to wipe them down good before painting with a paint prep or lacquer thinner/enamel reducer to thoroughly degrease the surface. Dupli-Color has an engine primer that I use and it will help your color stand up better. DE1612 They also have an engine clear coat if you want a higher gloss finish. DE1636 It will be pretty close to factory gloss without the clear coat.

Most auto parts stores have Dupli-Color products.

Tom

It's blue I've seen that Duplacolor DE1608 is close ,anyone use it?

Pete

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom