Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1978-1982 HatchVette Kit (Opening Rear Window)

C

conedude

I have a new old stock (NOS) set of two each cable releases for the Hatchvette Kit (opening rear window-just like the '82 Collector Edition)

Several years ago there was someone on this forum that had a Hatchvette Kit installed on his '81, but was afraid to open his rear window because the cables had become frayed. If he could please contact me: c.a.wisniewski@email.com I would like to sell them.

I also have a NOS package tray for the Hatchvette Kit or '82 Collector Edition, and a Installation Manual for the Hatchvette Kit (also good if you are taking a rear window from a '82 Collector Edition and attempting to install it into your '81. All For Sale.

Point of Fact: About five years ago, I offered a Hatchvette Kit FOR SALE on this forum, and in January of this year someone found that information through a google search. He contacted me and bought the kit - WOW - small world, but I would hate to have to paint it.

My first post in several years, and my other previous posts were the 240mph speedometer head for my '81 - I thought I would never own a Corvette with an 85 mph speedometer. The cost was only $100.00 which included round trip shipping to FL. That speedometer registered 40

I also bought absolute brand new back and bun foam cushions (afterall the foam is 28 years old why not new?) for both seats covered in glove soft leather (and I mean GLOVE soft). I even ordered them with optional 4" bollisters instead of the standard 2", which makes the sitting in the '81 more like a 'real' sportscar. The entire package arrived at my doorstep for only $700.00 including shipping.

Thanks to everyone for your help. Best regards, Craig

I have a new old stock (NOS) set of two each cable releases for the Hatchvette Kit (opening rear window-just like the '82 Collector Edition)

Several years ago there was someone on this forum that had a Hatchvette Kit installed on his '81, but was afraid to open his rear window because the cables had become frayed. If he could please contact me: c.a.wisniewski@email.com I would like to sell them.

I also have a NOS package tray for the Hatchvette Kit or '82 Collector Edition, and a Installation Manual for the Hatchvette Kit (also good if you are taking a rear window from a '82 Collector Edition and attempting to install it into your '81. All For Sale.

Point of Fact: About five years ago, I offered a Hatchvette Kit FOR SALE on this forum, and in January of this year someone found that information through a google search. He contacted me and bought the kit - WOW - small world, but I would hate to have to paint it.

My first post in several years, and my other previous posts were the 240mph speedometer head for my '81 - I thought I would never own a Corvette with an 85 mph speedometer. The cost was only $100.00 which included round trip shipping to FL. That speedometer registered 40

I also bought absolute brand new back and bun foam cushions (afterall the foam is 28 years old why not new?) for both seats covered in glove soft leather (and I mean GLOVE soft). I even ordered them with optional 4" bollisters instead of the standard 2", which makes the sitting in the '81 more like a 'real' sportscar. The entire package arrived at my doorstep for only $700.00 including shipping.

Thanks to everyone for your help. Best regards, Craig

Craig,

Welcome back!

Why don't you tell us more about your Vette and post some pictures if you can. What have you done to it? It almost sounds as if you don't have a Vette anymore, but I thought I ask.

GerryLP:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom