Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

197mph UltraSlow - in a Corvette!

*89x2*

...from the archives :eek

UltraSlow said:
Here is the top speed on the 89 Callaway (so far) I actually did this several weeks ago at the "test track" just messing around. I have been meaning to "1 up" it before I posted, but have not tried. Its not 200, and I have to admit it took a good bit of the usable part of the "track" to do this. 200 is obtainable, but would requre a bit of high speed turns at the begining of the track and a rather risky run. I had no clue I went this fast as after 190 I took my eye off the spedo, for obvious reasons and it was a good 15 or so seconds after I looked down at 190 to when I let off and the GPS read this.

Brangeta

Pretty soon you'll need a custom license plate that says "SONICBOOM" :_rock

jonstr

Looks like the Phoenicians have it a little faster in the west :eek

http://www.local6.com/video/14724890/index.html

The 202 isn't exactly a "city street", but it can't support 219 MPH either. In fact, that is probably the last freeway I would try it on, should I be so inclined. There are plenty of wide open, long, straight, desert roads/freeways with no entrance/exit ramps that would be a far better choice.

Or, here's a novel idea, there are two race tracks in town they could try. I like to go as fast as the next guy, but I'm far less tolerant of this kind of behavior now that I have kids.

Brangeta

I didn't watch the one on the website you linked, but searched on youtube and found this one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tw2EXYHO7mg

Unbelievable that they'd do that on a public highway. The uber rich do that here on the private Tollway at 3 am. :ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom