Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

197mph UltraSlow - in a Corvette!

*89x2*

...from the archives :eek

UltraSlow said:
Here is the top speed on the 89 Callaway (so far) I actually did this several weeks ago at the "test track" just messing around. I have been meaning to "1 up" it before I posted, but have not tried. Its not 200, and I have to admit it took a good bit of the usable part of the "track" to do this. 200 is obtainable, but would requre a bit of high speed turns at the begining of the track and a rather risky run. I had no clue I went this fast as after 190 I took my eye off the spedo, for obvious reasons and it was a good 15 or so seconds after I looked down at 190 to when I let off and the GPS read this.
89calgps.JPG

MVC-002F.JPG

Pretty soon you'll need a custom license plate that says "SONICBOOM" :_rock

Looks like the Phoenicians have it a little faster in the west :eek

http://www.local6.com/video/14724890/index.html

The 202 isn't exactly a "city street", but it can't support 219 MPH either. In fact, that is probably the last freeway I would try it on, should I be so inclined. There are plenty of wide open, long, straight, desert roads/freeways with no entrance/exit ramps that would be a far better choice.

Or, here's a novel idea, there are two race tracks in town they could try. I like to go as fast as the next guy, but I'm far less tolerant of this kind of behavior now that I have kids.

I didn't watch the one on the website you linked, but searched on youtube and found this one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tw2EXYHO7mg

Unbelievable that they'd do that on a public highway. The uber rich do that here on the private Tollway at 3 am. :ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom