Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1980 corvette's

C

CSCARLSON

Why does everyone always leave the 80 ' vette out of most everything ?? do you know how hard it is to find 1980 corvette collector diecast models... it's weird but it almost seems that there
is a conspiracy against the 80 ' vette....anyone else feel this way......

BLACKDOG

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
Black 1980 LG4 / Crystal Red '08
overlooked

Carl ~ I've seen the same thing...not a damn thing for the 1980. Lot's of stuff for the 78's and 82's. Have looked for some of the same things you have....and they just aren't there. :mad
Don't think the 80 gets any respect because it was
just a throw together of leftovers. It was lightened up a few hundred pounds, but nothing much else...except for the 305 option I have, courtesy of the California smog nazis. But it runs fine and I'll keep my DoG. :beer
If by some freak chance, I run into some 1980 stuff, I'll let you know for sure.

the DoG

BLACKDOG

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
Black 1980 LG4 / Crystal Red '08
80 promo

THANKS BARB !!! :J:J:J
I'll make sure Carl sees this too ! :upthumbs

the DoG

C

CSCARLSON

1980 pic's

here are the pictures of my 1980 white corvette

C

CSCARLSON

Thanks for the links i am sure they'll be used...i have stated collecting corvette models , another hobby i guess..

C

Chick

Model

OU OU guess what. I never even thought of a model in my life until I saw an original 1974 still in the shrink wrap from 1974 on e-bay. I became crazed an had to have it no matter what it cost.
I got it LOOK LOOK, of course I'll never put it together or open it.
I took this pic with my dig camera LOOK
http://vettechick.com/images/74model.jpg

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
It's not an '80, but since you showed your '74 Chick ;), I thought I'd show this

...Signed by the man himself Dick Guldstrand. :D

Ken

S

Spirited79

Ken,

You lucky dawg you!! :) I don't even have one of those. Hard to get, really!
Hang on to that kit and don't ever open it!

Shay

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
models

In '64 and '65 when I was switching from model cars to the real thing Iwas still buying models. Not too many got put together. I have a MPC '64 Corvette, a '63 Corvette, a Monogram 1/8 scale '65 FI coupe a '59 El Camino and some other stuff. Of course they have been opened and then sat in the closet for years. The idea was to assemble them when I had the time to do them right. Still waiting.

I've been Collecting dealer promos since '74 as well as die cast and a few 250 series Ferraris. I won't even get started on the Dale Earnhardt stuff. I would need to build another garage to display it all.

Maybe we could get a Corvette model forum started for all of us that enjoy our Corvettes in miniature too. Sounds like fun to me.

Tom

twiget

Corvette
In the market
A Corvette model forum is a good idea. Ive got models of a '63 coupe, the ZL-1 at Rogers Corvette in Florida, a '96 GS roadster, and a '97 C5 coupe, all in 1/18th scale. Then we go to my John Lightning, Matchbox, and Hotwheels cars...

Oh, and I cant forget the 1/10th scale C5-R remote control car I got for Christmas. They are all out of the boxes and I've got them on display on a window sill. (the fire place mantle is off limit's, or so my Girlfriend says:))

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom