Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1981 Corvette

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
Are1980 and 1981 Corvettes pretty much the same as in mechanical and style

'80 was the last year without a computer. '81 introduced a computer controled carb and the start of computer controls.

tom...

but was everything else, like electrical / interior features the same?

The reason i am asking is a friend of mine had a 1981 Corvette and he wants to sell me all the shop repair manuals he has for a 1981 Corvette. will this be beneficial to me since i have a 1980 Corvette?

The 1981 manual should be very close electrically, the difference will be in some of the carb/timing and trouble shooting proceedures and diagnois for engine problems.. Unless you have the CA. 305 engine. Then it should be very similar.

Wiring diagrams for the window, locks should be very close too. I believe the 1981 was the first year of the ignition interrupt circuit, so that will be different too.

BudD
:w

he says these are the shop manuals/diagrams and will sell them all to me for $ 50.00 dollars, i think it should be worth it if i can use it.

At $50 I would make sure the shop manual is a genuine GM 1981 Shop Manual.. not an after market Haynes or Fruit of the Loom type.

The GM Shop Manual has very good wiring diagrams and trouble shooting help plus how to explainations too.

BudD
:w

H e is going to bring the manual in tommorrow along with several other mauals, all for $50.00. H e says it is the actual GM Shop Manual with all the wiring diagrams

Make a quick check on eBay to see what they selling for there before you make any committment.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom