Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1982 A/C Temp.

82RL

Corvette
2000 LT. Pewter Coupe
Can any one tell me about how cold the air should be coming out of the a/c vents, if the system has been changed over to 134a on a 1982? I have heard that it is not as cold as r12 but mine does not seem very cold. Thanks

My R134 conversion blows 38 - 40 degree air at highway speed. The problem is that the fan doesn't blow enough of a volume of cool air to keep the cabin cold on really hot days.

Mine definetly does not blow that cold. I bought a thermometer today so I will check it tonight . I do agree on the fan not blowing enough air.

You should be able to get to 40 degrees on 134 without a problem. Put your thermometer in a dash vent where you can see it and raise the engine rpm to about 1200-1500 rpm. If it doesn't cool to 40 degrees then you may not have a full charge of freon.

I have the same problem, that is with the fan. Has anyone solved this problem, replacing the fan size, etc....

Thanks

...same prob on my '82, the blower is ALWAYS set to the highest setting to get any minute sence of comfort on a hot day, (the glass t-tops don't help either. ) This is my 2nd blower motor replaced last summer new and about the same as the original in blowing power.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom