Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 Corvette Coupe No. 23 SCCA SE Division

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
1984 CORVETTE COUPE No. 23
  • SCCA SOUTHEAST DIVISION SPO SOLO I CHAMPION – 1998 AND 2002
  • NCCC GROUP III CLASS ME - NATIONAL CHAMPION 1991
  • PAST OR PRESENT CLASS RECORD HOLDER – ROAD ATLANTA, ROEBLING ROAD, TALLADEGA GRAND PRIX, CAROLINA MOTORSPORTS PARK, GATEWAY INTERNATIONAL
  • 355 ci carburated engine by MTI – over 500 hp (403 hp, 376 ft-lb at rear wheels)
  • Victor Jr. intake, 750 cfm Holley, Hooker undercar headers, hydraulic cam, 10.8:1 compression, Canton road race oil pan
  • Freshly rebuilt Super T-10 4+3 transmission – New Centerforce single disc race clutch.
  • AutoPower roll bar with current G-Force 5-point race belts.
  • Grand Sport brakes with adjustable proportioning valve.
  • 6 - 17”x11” ZR-1 wheels with Goodyear 25.5x12x17 race slicks.
  • Trans Am style functional and adjustable rear wing.
  • Bilstein road race shocks – heim joint rear camber rods.
  • Hand fabricated 3” exhaust with stainless steel Ultra Flow mufflers.

This car is street legal as well as a strong Solo I or high-speed autocross car. I have all paperwork on the car including the original window sticker, bill of sale, receipts and SCCA log book. Most accessories are still functional except for the air conditioning and stereo.

Many spares are also available including street wheels and tires, brakes, and stock parts replaced by high performance parts. Open 1997 car trailer also available.

The car is being offered as is after a racing incident at Roebling Road Raceway near Savannah, GA where it sustained front end damage from an encounter with a dirt embankment in Turn One. The car has been checked by a professional body shop and has minor repairable front frame damage to the front frame horns and just rear of the front crossmember. It needs a front bumper (nose assembly), hood, and steering rack, along with related minor parts and accessories. There is no damage from the front of the doors back – all glass is undamaged. It is being offered at a fraction of the total cost invested.

A fair amount of work has been done (and is continuing) to remove and disassemble the damaged front end parts. The hood and front bumper assembly has been totally removed. I intend to continue the process to repair the car unless someone decides to purchase the work in progress. The price will be reduced until sold or until the reassembly process begins, whichever occurs first.

Contact Charlie Johnson at (770) 435-9700 (work), (678) 352-1965 (home), or at crjspo23@yahoo.com.

Price negotiable starting at $8,500.00, including all spares. (May 2003)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom