Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 Delco Radio- Right side volume

muskiemike

Corvette
1984 Gunmetal Met
Hello,

I've got an 84' with the stock "Delco": AM/FM/Cassette radio (not Bose).

I noticed that when the "Radio" is on both "right" speakers are somewhat faint when listening to it, when I try to turn the balance knob to the far right, I do get sound out of the right front and rear speakers, but about 1/2 of the volume as I get out of the left side of the front and rear speakers.

However, when I play a "cassette" I get equal volume out of both the left and right front and rear speakers!

I took the left / right knob off the radio, and sprayed some "Tune" lubricant hoping it would resolve the problem . . .

This past weekend, I replaced the power antenna Mast, and put everything back in it's proper place - I am not sure if this affected the volume of my right bank of the front and rear speaker - find it hard to believe, but anything is possible!

Does anyone have the schematics for a 1984 Delco Electronics AM/FM/Cassette Radio?

Any and all idea's & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately the antenna doesn't have anything to do with the volumn of the radio but at least you have a new one..!! The problem is in the circuitry in the radio. Unless you have the schematics and can troubel-shoot a circuit board to component level and repair it, your stuck with what ya got. You might find someone in your area or on the net that can repair it but I don't know if it's cost effective. Maybe time to upgrade to a new system and rock on down the hwy...:_rock

My radio does that sometimes too.If I wiggle the treble lever it will go back to normal.Im going to wait till it completely dies then have the radio rebuilt.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom