Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 Headlight door

S

stick105

How can I adjust my headlight door on my 1984 to fit in the hood more flush? I see the door stop that hits the ruber bumper, but I moved it arround and it wasnt doing what I want. The door I want to correct is the passenger side. It droops down in the front left. Are their shims that I can remove to bring that corner up? Any help is much appreachiated. I posted this thread in the general section by mistake. Sorry, I forgot where I was at.

Stick

no shims...unplug the elec connector for the headlight motor...turn the manual knob on the end of the motor to partially open the headlight...remove (4) TORX head screws that hold the bezel (part that the headlight shines thru when lit) and the bezel comes off the bucket...with the bezel off, you can reach the (4) 10mm hex head screws that hold the cover to the bucket --those hex head screws engage 'speednuts' on slotted mounts which allow height adjustment of the cover.

Thanks Speedmaster. I will give her a try tomarrow. Thanks for the speedy response.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom