Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1985 corvette blower motor wont turn on

justin10morrissey

Corvette
1985 corvette
i have an 85 corvette i cant get the blower motor to turn on i can feel heat but no blow shitty right. i replaced the motor and the relay but no help. it did turn on one day but it was on full blast and it got too hot soo i moved the switch from vent to off and when i tried to move it back to vent it wouldnt turn on. btw vent has always worked better than the heat setting on my car for some reason. i dont know whats wrong and where this problem is coming from someone please help.

i it did turn on one day .. i moved the switch from vent to off and when i tried to move it back to vent it wouldnt turn on.p.
Does the blower switch work in any position?
Check the switch on the control panel 1st
have you checked for power at the relay?

Does the blower switch work in any position?
Check the switch on the control panel 1st
have you checked for power at the relay?
okay im new at this its my first corvette ive had it for two years im somewhat mechanical but not very good with electrical how do i go about doing any of these? ive tried moving the switch from the inside but cant get the fan to turn on from any setting.

Welcome onto the boards there...

I say keep replacing blowers and relays until you find the LUCKY combo!

OR

Get a multimeter and the Factory Shop Manual on eBay. Do you know what a multimeter is?

Is the fuse good???? Did you measure voltage at the motor?

Is the fuse good???? Did you measure voltage at the motor?
ive only replaced the relay underneath the blowermotor but i dont see any fuses behind the passenger door that specify blower motor i pulled out the manual controller everything seems to be in good condition, i put new electrical grease on all the fittings

ive only replaced the relay underneath the blowermotor but i dont see any fuses behind the passenger door that specify blower motor i pulled out the manual controller everything seems to be in good condition, i put new electrical grease on all the fittings
nevermind fixed the problem bad ground typical corvette

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom