Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1988 Callaway Twin Turbo with 100 Plus

kdickson

Corvette
1988 Callaway dark red metallic with 100 Plus
Hi Everyone,

I recently joined the group. Here are some photos of my 1988 Callaway with the 100 Plus option. It has 3496 miles on it. The photos show the original Gatorbacks and Dymags that were taken off 3400 miles and replaced with the original factory wheels that the original owner bought back from Callaway. I have BFGs on those just to get around. In one photo, you can see the mold flashing and nubs still on the tire! The 100 Plus was the first "kit" to be sold by Callaway and perhaps the only one. The owner installed it himself using what may be the only manual ever published. This car was last registered in 1991 and sat in the previous owner's garage for 16 years until I purchased it last year. By some miracle, it was in nearly perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition with only a few things needing to be worked on even though no one had literally touched it in all those years. All hoses, belts and even windshield wiper blades are original. The car has all factory options including a glass top and has a 4+3 manual transmission. I tried to download one scanned photo that shows the "pre 100 Plus" conversion at the local dealership where the car was purchased. Hopefully, it made it with the other photos. If not, I will download it individually. Enjoy!

The car looks awesome, Ken. I hope to get down to see it at some point.

Jon, when he first asked about other owners in AZ, I immediately thought of you. A lot of Callaways have left AZ over the years and gone to other states (no, not Texas). How funny that you guys are essentially in the same area :cool

KDickson, thanks for sharing your car with us - I am with Jon here when I say we hope to see it some time!

p.s. how long have you owned it? :beer

Ken,

That car is simply amazing! :upthumbs

Congratulations and Welcome to the Callaway Owners Group!

-Luigi
:cool

Man what a find!!!! Youre very lucky it wasn't seen by anyone here when it was for sale :D

WOW, Great addition to the "COG" Ken, many people are tickled to see this surface! I'm a little confused though. I thought the 100 plus was more than just the manifold, injection,cam, etc. Didn't it need some bottom end work too? That seems agressive for an owner performed job.
That dark red metallic is an awesome color too!

WOW, Great addition to the "COG" Ken, many people are tickled to see this surface! I'm a little confused though. I thought the 100 plus was more than just the manifold, injection,cam, etc. Didn't it need some bottom end work too? That seems agressive for an owner performed job.
That dark red metallic is an awesome color too!

Paul, here is something I posted a few years back, I hope this helps with what was in the package - no "bottom-end" work on this one :beer

*89x2* said:
The Callaway "100 Plus" (Horsepower) option content is a rare & powerful option that was only installed on a select few B2K's.
This Option added 100 horsepower to the already amazing power ratings they left Old Lyme with.
The option consisted of a wide range of enhancements which all worked as a system to upgrade the entire engine and the results speak for themselves :)

Option content is as follows:

*Intake Manifold
(custom intake/plenum assembly)
*Fuel Rails
(high flow/high capacity rails)
*Fuel Pressure Regulator
(modified reg. for the addl. volume)
*Fuel Rail Tubing
(SS tubing)
*Throttle Body
(ported 52mm TB)
*Cylinder Heads
(custom high flow cyl. heads)
*Cam Shaft
(Cam shaft ground to Callaway specific specs)
*EGR Block off plate
*ECM Chip
(Custom calibrated mem cal. )

****************These parts were sold for specific use as a package - for fitment and technical questions, please contact Callaway Cars for additional information.***************

kruzmisl,

Good Point. I recall that internals were indeed a required option and hence the reason the 450+ package was created. The 450+ package included CAM, pistons, upgraded heads, Billet Steel Rods, High Flowing Exhaust Manifolds.

The 100+ then included the new intake and fuel rails but the 450+ was a requirement to handle the stress.

Perhaps that car had the 450+ upgrade at Callaway and then the 100+ was customer installed. :confused

-Luigi
:cool

Plus 100 information

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the compliments. I've attached some information on the 100 Plus and also a scanned photo of the car before the 100 Plus conversion. It's a small, 19 year old photo, so it didn't scan that well. I don't think the lower end had any special build work ahead of time or the owner probably would have had it come right from Callaway with the 100 Plus already installed. The good thing is that I work with the original owner, so I can ask him questions any time.

Ken

Oops

I meant 100 Plus in that title. Hard to keep that straight!

Ken

Since May, 2006

Hello again,

I purchased the 88 in May of 2006. It had been kept in a garage and was uniformly covered in dust. You couldn't even tell if it was shiny or not. It had literally been undisturbed in 16 years. All the tires still had 40 psi in them, though and it still smelled of new leather inside!

Ken

Hello again,

I purchased the 88 in May of 2006. It had been kept in a garage and was uniformly covered in dust. You couldn't even tell if it was shiny or not. It had literally been undisturbed in 16 years. All the tires still had 40 psi in them, though and it still smelled of new leather inside!

Ken

Wow Ken, May 2006, I take it there wasn't any ads for the car, as I KNOW at least 2 people right here, who would have given their left arm for that car (not their right one, as the car looks to be a 4+3 car ;) )

Talk about right place, right time - Congrats on your time capsule purchase! :beer

WOW!

What a great car, absolutely a rare find! Thanks for sharing.

What number is it? 88-#?

FS

Wow! and the rest of the story is a double Wow!! This has to be the most info on a customer 100+ car I've seen. Thanks Ken. Hope to see this car someday and am glad somebody is giving it proper attention even if it wasn't me that was fortunate enough to find this GEM!!

It's #69.

Ken

Thanks Ken. RedB2K has '87-69 :)

I think it's time Shopview and I go on a drive to Az. and meet our neighbors. :beer

FS

Frank if you need me to come along...let me know. :D :D Ive got PLENTY of time on my hands

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom