Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1988 triple black convertible

R

rocklyons

I bought this with SALVAGE title from an insurance co sale after it was recovered from a theft. The thieves had removed the seats, radio and speakers, door panels, wheels and a few small engine parts. They also had damaged the ignition and computer and the main engine wiring harness.

A new wiring harness is installed but I have not yet completed all of the connections. The new ignition is installed but the computer is still in the box. (ignition came with plastic key blank)

I have purchased replacement Wheels and tires, radio and speakers, seats, door panels and all of the missing or damaged engine accessory components. (MAF, air filter components, serpentine belt, spark plug wires, etc.) The only parts still missing as far as I know are the hood release cable and handle ( about $40 on Ebay.) and the tranny dip stick.

The front and rear bumper assemblies have been replaced with the post 92 bumpers. The rear bumper has a couple of small dings on the right side. No other body damage to the car although it does need new paint due to numerous chips and blemishes. The replacement seats need new covers. I have a new carpet set still in the box. The top is in good condition other than an small area on the beading that has been rubbed where the drivers window rubs when closing the door with the window up.

I purchased used wheels and tires. The wheels are in good shape. The tires are autocross type tires that appear in good shape.

I believe that this car could be road ready without a lot more hours and not a lot more money. I have already spent that for you. I have bought another project (a 95 vert) that has taken all my time recently and my wife wants her side of the garage back.

Car will come with the salvage title docs that I received and a bill of sale. The car is located in central California just outside of Fresno.

Anyone with a serious interest contact me at home 559 322-1233 or email judgerock at comcast dot net. I will email pics The ones I have are not very good but I will take some more in the next day or two.

OOPs

I forgot perhaps the most important item.

Price!

ONLY $8000.00 includes all of the parts mentioned and some that weren't.

Rock

Still more that I forgot.

This is an automatic with 56K on the ODO. Apparently either the thieves disconnected the speedo cable or messed it up in some manner as the mileage is not certified as correct on the title docs. Prior owner said that the mileage was accurate when stolen and car was only missing for ten days.

Sports seats, Bose stereo. Interior was originally tan. Replacement items are black.

Rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom