Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 ABS system

Sam Meade

Corvette
So I have the ABS fault. I have removed all of the wheel speed sensors and cleaned them, checked all of the relays that go with the ABS system, and looked at all of the fuses but the light is still on. There is a small wire that should be connected to my master cylinder, but the connector itself is broken on the inside so it wont connect properly. Would this be giving me an abs fault or should I look into the ABS computer or the pump behind the driver seat? I cant find any solid advice on this so if any of you have any help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Master 2.jpg

Red light, yellow light or both?

You need to pull trouble codes first so you know what direction to go
Without them its just to hard to help!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I had the same problem on my '90 Coupe. You CAN NOT find a replacement connector anywhere. I looked. Here's what I did to remedy the situation. If you can't get the component,....then we have to make one!
The 2 poles connect as a common in the original plug. This is obvious since it is a single wire coming off the 2 pole plug. Remove the old connector and crimp on a female BLUE blade connector and spread it open a little bit to fit over the 2 pins on the switch on the master. DON'T force it. Spread the connector.
ALSO:.. The old sleeve from the original plug usually separates from the plug and stays on the pin, so you will have to use a needle nose pliers and gently remove them from the pins prior to installing the new plug.
I then pushed my connector onto the switch. Then, seal it up afterward with a little silicone to seal it to keep the weather out. Clear your code(s) and the problem is gone! Works like a Charm!

Let me know, I can send you a pic.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom