Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 Twin Turbo for sale (in UK)

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
Hi guys, after much self torture I've decided I really have to sell my beloved Callaway. It's black with black leather, 6 speed (of course).

Loads of info and pics here: www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette

Car has 46,000 miles and has been looked after like a baby!

US interested parties please note that the car would need catalytic convertors to be US road legal. Car is in absolutely excellent condition!

That sound like a lot?

Trust the british £ to be strong just when I don't need it to be - good for us Brits buying from the US but not so good the other way round.

If anyone in the US wants to make me a realistic $ offer I'll consider it...

Malc

malc350 said:
US interested parties please note that the car would need catalytic convertors to be US road legal. Car is in absolutely excellent condition!
The car was manufactured as a US-spec car, though, correct? You had to [have someone] convert it for use in the UK with the yellow lights, etc?

It was sold new in the UK

so I've always called it a "European vette" though the only changes I know of from US spec are: headlights / rear lights, mirrors (I changed them back to US mirrors) and removal of cats.

Most people used to run US spec cars over here (red rear flashers, and all...) but recently the police have been clamping down and at our yearly Mot test (roadworthiness) tthey'll fail a car with non - complying lights.

Should be easy to make US spec again if anyone over there wants it...

Be sure to read the "ownership" section on his website. Interesting, very detailed how to, on his maintanence.

Hey Chris, any info on how many B2K were export new?

kruzmisl said:
Be sure to read the "ownership" section on his website. Interesting, very detailed how to, on his maintanence.

Hey Chris, any info on how many B2K were export new?

Malc's Callaway pages have some good stuff and he has taken great care of his car :cool

Kruzmisl, only a handful each year went overseas - just as the export programs were ramping up for other countries, production neared the end :(

Wow what a nice clean car. I like the 90 up dash, upgrade sport seats and select a ride. Sharp ride

malc350 said:
Trust the british £ to be strong just when I don't need it to be - good for us Brits buying from the US but not so good the other way round.

If anyone in the US wants to make me a realistic $ offer I'll consider it...

Malc

Malc, I dont think its out of line. Just a strong price, with the right buyer....ya never know. You can always go down, but its hard to come up. ;)

How is she running these days?

Anyone know what it would cost to get it in a container and ship to the east coast of the US? Port of NYC or Boston?

SurfnSun said:
;)

How is she running these days?

Perfect man, can't believe I've had this car nearly 3 years and it still surprises me how fast it is, and without even trying...

Took a friend out for a spin who owns a ZR1 to show him the difference. He couldn't believe how much torque the TT cars have, just eased the pedal down in 5th gear from 85mph. He described it as "unreal"!!!

90Callaway said:
Anyone know what it would cost to get it in a container and ship to the east coast of the US? Port of NYC or Boston?

...can be done for as low as $700 - but it is on an open boat, they load (drive on, drive off) :eek

...my friend recently paid about 3 grand for a container he loaded w/ his Vette to Baltimore from Germany. (about 1400 bucks for the container rental, and the rest was shipping fees).

Prices can vary greatly :eek

Appreciate the interest!

1) Get a cheap flight to the UK2) Have a look over my car and go for a drive
3) If you like it, make me an offer...

$700 shipped on an open boat sounds reasonable... BUT SCARY!! I just paid that much to have car trucked from TN to MA on an open car carrier for comparison.

90Callaway said:
$700 shipped on an open boat sounds reasonable... BUT SCARY!! I just paid that much to have car trucked from TN to MA on an open car carrier for comparison.

I've seen how the load and onload these boats! And i don't like it, time is money so the drive them in fast, the more car's on one boat the better so you know how much space there is between car's. I would go with a the container!

Groeten Peter.

Peer81 said:
I've seen how the load and onload these boats! And i don't like it, time is money so the drive them in fast, the more car's on one boat the better so you know how much space there is between car's. I would go with a the container!

Groeten Peter.

Peter, yes - that was what my friend thought as well - he said when he had his GS returned to the States, the open ship deal was like buying leftover spaces that Volvo, BMW, etc. did not take - they buy like 3,000 spaces for one trip at a time!!!

I recall the pics of your friend Aries 89-010 being shipped on an open boat however, I think his trip wasn't nearly as far -

Now Peter, if you bought the car, the case would be the same!!!

Enjoy :m :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom