Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1991 ZR-1 values in the US?

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
Hi, as a previous owner of 3 C4 Corvettes (1984, 1993 LT1 auto, 1990 6-speed Callaway Twin Turbo) I have always aspired to a ZR-1.

Looks like my dream is coming true as I should be picking up my steel blue 1991 ZR-1 on Friday.

I think I'm getting a pretty good deal though I wonder what these cars sell for in the US? "My" car has 33,000 miles, steel blue / black leather, all options including both tops.

Original including wheels plus Jeal headers and a recent $18,000 368 engine rebuild, single mass flywheel, short shifter. Needs a couple of jobs like reverse light switch (owner supplying one and I did this job on my Callaway), stereo amps (diode replacement) and AC control head needed. I'm pretty experienced on C4s so should get all the jobs done as I drive and enjoy the car...!

What are they selling for in the USA?

I'll keep you posted when I get it!

I think it's hard to say what a 368 would go for. I'd think maybe high $20 to low $30's? I don't really know though. It would be about finding someone who wants a 368.

Sounds like a great car though. I love the steel blue!

So if I were getting it for...

...about $16,000 US that would be a good deal then?

To me the 368 doesn't matter. And as the car looks stock I'll probably just tell people it is stock!

People don't really know what a ZR-1 is in the UK so the market is very limited and when one comes up for sale there are very few potential takers...

I don't know what the 368 rebuild would do to overall value, but a stock '91 with 33k miles for $16k would be a very, very good buy.

Could be a good deal then, should pick it up friday..

..I'll keep y'all posted. As long as it passes my checks I'll be buying it. It currently belongs to a friend who's owned it for 5 years so it's not a real unknown.

Brett, for a second I thought you were a friend of mine (also Brett) in the UK who owns a '90 ZR-1.

I am afraid that I paid a bit more for my 91 with about the same mileage.:cry
<o:p> </o:p>
That is a darn good deal ff Jeal did a good job on the rebuild and did not use his cams. I know that it makes me unpopular in the <st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> but I do have a few issues with Mr. Jeal.
<o:p> </o:p>
Having said that – you got to love his headers… the primary tubes are as big a round as Mac’s arms and he used a good grade of SS. What HP is he claiming for 368? My 91 is supposed to be 425+ with just the headers and a port & polish job.

Hi Spanishvetts!

I remember you from the old days when I had my Callaway...

I guess the only cloud hanging over "my" (soon to be I hope) ZR-1 is the fact that Geoff Jeal rebuilt it as a few people seem to have issues with him lately.

You're right, everyone rates hios headers though and this car has a lovely note.

Shame about Geoff as I thought he was a nice bloke...

BHP should be above 500

The current owner reckons 550 but that sounds like a lot to me for a 368.

Nice touches are that this vette has both tops, original red plug wires (should I box them and put them away!?) and even the ZR-1 windscreen and a few spares with it too.

What a waste of time

The owner has now supposedly sold it to someone else who paid him about $28,000 for it.

Yeah, right...

malc350 said:
The owner has now supposedly sold it to someone else who paid him about $28,000 for it.

Yeah, right...
:-\ Well that sucks. Did you get to see/drive the car first? It sounds pretty good though. At $16,000 you'd have some room to fix problems and still have a good deal.

I'm sure it's not the last ZR-1 to come up for sale though. Maybe this one just wasn't meant for you. :)

malc350 said:
It currently belongs to a friend who's owned it for 5 years

and he sold it from out under you to someone else? doesn't sound like much of a friend............

I guess money talks more than anything else...

...as usual!

Supposedly the other guy paid a third more than the seller was asking even. Now THAT is a llittle hard to believe...

Malc

P.S. I've hear about 2 Zs coming up for sale in the UK soon...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom