Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1993 rear cargo shade

H

hooks

Need advise on removing shade--removed one once before, but no way i did it right--took about 2 hours of struggling with screwdrivers & such to eject it from clip it sits in--must be an easy way, right?

John Robinson

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1993 Polo Green Coupe
Me two

Need advise on removing shade--removed one once before, but no way i did it right--took about 2 hours of struggling with screwdrivers & such to eject it from clip it sits in--must be an easy way, right?

I spent about 4 hours one day trying to remove the shade on my 93. I even had the Helms manuals and it just would not come out. I sure would like to know also how to get it out because I think I will have to replace the antenna and you have to remove the shade to get to the antenna wire.

Robertwav1

Corvette
1993 Blue
I spent about 4 hours one day trying to remove the shade on my 93. I even had the Helms manuals and it just would not come out. I sure would like to know also how to get it out because I think I will have to replace the antenna and you have to remove the shade to get to the antenna wire.

Don't know about the rear shade but I did have this for the antenna motor replacement. Found it here somewhere. Hope it helps.

1:Remove (in this order) the lisence plate, left backup lamp housing, inner tail lamp housing and finally the outer tail lamp housing (each item is held by 2 srcrews). You can now reach in (unless you have arms like hulk hogan) through the outer tail lamp hole and disconnect/unbolt the antenna.

2:In your hatch area, remove the package (center) tray and remove the cargo shade. Disconnect the antenna and power leads.

3:pull on the rubber bulkhead grommet until it pops loose and pull the wires out.

4:Now you'll have to lay on your back to get the antenna out from the space between the muffler and the rear quarter panel.

5:put some vaseline on the grommet when re-installing. It makes it easier to slip in and (hopefully never) take out again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom