Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 Grand Sport Model

twiget

Corvette
In the market
Ever since I bought my GS, 4 years ago, I've been looking for a good quality model. I know Maisto has a GS coupe and convertible. But they are nothing more than their '96 LT1 models with the GS paint. Heck, my coupe model has an LT1 motor in it...

Anyway, imagine my joy when I got a flyer in the mail from the Danbury Mint, about a limited production run of a 1:18th scale (I think) Grand Sport Bleeder Coupe. I've got about a dozen other Danbury Mint cars and their quality is awesome. I cant wait to get my GS model to add it to my collection.

For all the quality and attention to detail they put into the crafting of the models, they dont seem to put that much into their research. On the front fo the flyer it said "The last great Corvette", and on the inside it says a GS can out run a ZR-1 (both 0-60 and top end).

As much as I love GS's, I know, stock for stock, they will not out run a ZR-1, and I would have to say that the Z06 is the most recent great Corvette.

Jason

You had better revisit your Danbury brochure....the Grand Sport is 1/24 scale and the '63 "Exoto" Grand Sport Roadster they are offering is the 1/18 scale.

red01 said:
You had better revisit your Danbury brochure....the Grand Sport is 1/24 scale and the '63 "Exoto" Grand Sport Roadster they are offering is the 1/18 scale.

Like I said, " 1:18th scale (I think)". :D Thanks for the correction though.

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom