Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 LT1 Red Corvette For Sale

Zixxer

Corvette
1982 Red Coupe
1996 Red LT1 Corvette

Miles - 102,500

I'm deploying in Feb 06 and as much as I would like to keep her I think I'm better off selling and banking the tax free extra money for a C5 when I return. This is a tough choice for me and I know the car will not bring what I have invested:

New within the last 6K miles/one year:

C5 rims

Falkin Tires (which by the way are better then the Michelins it had before, I love these tires)

New leather seats

New rotors (front and back)

New calipers (GS calipers up front)

New pads (Bosch ceramic)

New brake lines

New master cylinder (just replaced it because I pretty much replaced all the brake parts, a peace of mind thing)

Rebuilt the transmission (professional rebuild by local transmission dealer 13 months ago)

New weather-stripping (still has a leak on the left back of the window if I put a hose spray up there, need to adjust it a bit)

New EGR valve

New O2 sensors (all of them)

New catalytic converters

New antenna (mother of god, if I never have to replace one of those again I'll die a happy man)

New wheel hubs (front and back)

New shocks
Remove glass top and only use the factory matching read one (it came with a glass top that was just cheap and spider cracked everywhere)
New tie rod ends in the rear (not sure that's the exact name of them)

Bose CD rebuilt by Doc Don's and still under warranty (those damn little lights were burnt out but he rebuilds the whole thing when you send it to him)

Have factory repair manuals and owners manual

Will include the LT1 Hypertech III Programmer

Mobile One in the engine and ever other fluid used is synthetic

Everything works, A/C blows cold and I am a non smoker.

As you can see I've spent a lot of time and money in getting this car back to a certain level. She's not perfect but I'm a detail guy. The next project was paint as I think it's 7 out of 10 while most will think it’s 8 out of 10. Has the typically rock chips up front, small bubbling and some marks but again I'm picky and my goal is to have a really really clean car. It always gets compliments and my wife wishes I would stop waxing it every week :) Runs great and looks great, I drive it two to three times a week to work. It has been driven in rain and does not reside on a trailer; however it has been well taken care of.

$10,900 - I’m pretty firm on the price given how many new things are on the vehicle but I’m realistic given the miles.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6681

I'm not in the market but wanted to tell you that's a beautiful vette.

Be safe man, my nephew has been in Bagdad for way too long.

Rick

hey be careful, coming from a marine that just got back last year from the sandbox.. nice car i might be interested in it but its got to many miles for me. i got a couple 95's and im looking to get a c5 next year

Hold firm there!!!!

Don't give her away -

To the top...

Damn man I feel your pain. I would love to help you out. I am partial to that year and color. Try to advertise it everywhere you can.

Agreed!

make sure to get it listed on ALL of the major Corvette web sites as well as the Corvette Trader magazine and your local news paper.

UB2 SLOW said:
Damn man I feel your pain. I would love to help you out. I am partial to that year and color. Try to advertise it everywhere you can.

Don't go any lower, Man that car is worth the $10,900 you started with. Where were you last year when I was looking? The miles shouldn't hurt the car at all. LT1's should go a couple hundred thousand if care for properly. Pictures of the interior would help sell her as well.

yea, take more pics
Make sure to vac. the carpet REALLY good as camera flashes will only accent dirt.
Some engine shots too!

and bump the price back up to 10k!!!

Thanks guys, you're absolutely right. Just drove it today and I never fail to smile when driving that car. Once the weather breaks again, I'll touch it up and list it on eBay. I'm pretty sure I'll grab over 10K once I list all the items and provide a detailed photo layout. Thanks again.

This sounds like a sweet C4. One I'll be in the market for soon. Wish it was a lot closer - would like see/drive it.

Well its coming to Texas in August :) I move to my new duty station in central Texas and then I plan to sell it there. Trying to do the eBay thing with only three weeks left is too difficult unless someone just dropped $10,500 right now.

Hey, let's talk. Like I said above, I would like to see/drive her.

Thanks,
Michel

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom