Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1996 Tail Pipes

Admiralfalco

I've noticed that there are two types of tail pipes that I've seen on the '96 c4's I've been looking at. I've seen the rectangular tail pipes on either side and I've also seen the dual circular ones on either side. Does anyone know what the difference is (besides the obvious) or why the difference? Was it an option or was it different for different models or what? I haven't been able to find much information anywhere. Thank you!

I've noticed that there are two types of tail pipes that I've seen on the '96 c4's I've been looking at. I've seen the rectangular tail pipes on either side and I've also seen the dual circular ones on either side. Does anyone know what the difference is (besides the obvious) or why the difference? Was it an option or was it different for different models or what? I haven't been able to find much information anywhere. Thank you!

Round ones are aftermarket for sure.

Gotcha, so they came from the factory with the rectangular tips?
The stock ones are rectangular cast aluminum, black finish. If you see any chromed rectangular ones, than they are probably aftermarket, which I don't really like. I'm trying to keep my C4 stock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom