Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1999 C5 coolant temp

edman610

Corvette
1999 C5 Red Convertible
Corvette experts - I'm seeing coolant temps raning from 209-228 degrees on my new (to me) C5. Is this normal? Ambient temps for the day were in the mid 80's, no high speed driving, just tooling around town.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Corvette experts - I'm seeing coolant temps raning from 209-228 degrees on my new (to me) C5. Is this normal? Ambient temps for the day were in the mid 80's, no high speed driving, just tooling around town.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Tooling around town is where the temps usually get the highest from limited air flow across the radiator. 228*F is where my high speed fans kick in, as stated in the last post your good, normal operating range.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

That range is about what my '04 ran at, that being said... C5s get their air from below the front spoiler and as bottom feeders act like vacuum cleaners for the crap that flys under you. If you haven't already done so, look on the front of your AC condenser/radiator sandwich and make sure that there is no garbage restricting the airflow. I made up a tool to hook to my compressor that I could blow out from between the two. Don't be tempted go the lower thermostat route...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom