Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1st assignment on the '73

KOPBET

Corvette
'73 Silver LS4 4 speed
Many thanks to those who aided me in my quest for the '73! Warning...I plan on asking a ton of questions.:L

Now for my first assignment.

The key-in-ignition buzzer stays on with the door open and no key in the ignition. No big deal really except for the annoyance factor. What do I need to fix this, aside from removing the buzzer?

my 76 had all that annoying stuff removed by a previous owner, you got yourself a good deal. Try a little contact cleaner first.

1st assignment......:D ;LOL :rotfl ;)

it does sound like a contact problem......you'll get a new education in 73's now plus you'll get all those little issues resolved.

Contact cleaner eh? I'll try that. I would have thought that there was contact somewhere when there shouldn't be.

Glad you guys liked the site... Like I said lot of great info on our 73's. You guys can add your pictures to his Gallery

Dan

Steering column parts

After removing the steering wheel on the '73 I discovered this broken plastic bushing like gizmo in the column.

Can someone tell me what this broken plastic part is called and where I can get one?

Check out Ecklers or Mid America or ZIP they should have break downs of the column....

corvetjerryd said:
You guys teach me something new everytime......I've had my 73 for 10 years and I didn't even know it was suppossed to have a Buzzer...:L Now I'll have to see if I can find it and fix it, then later I can disable it again....

;) well then I guess it wasnt a waste of a day.......you learned something new....:D

Oh yeah.....and Jerry on more thing.....Need to change your Avatar pic....to a rear shot

Hey Jerry.....do you have the "county" sticker on your Historical PLates?? Its the little square red colored sticker with the county number on it. I got my His plates and they want me to put this ugly red sticker on themm

corvetjerryd said:
You guys teach me something new everytime......I've had my 73 for 10 years and I didn't even know it was suppossed to have a Buzzer...:L Now I'll have to see if I can find it and fix it, then later I can disable it again....

That's the spirit. ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom