Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2 more Corvettes

Dad

Corvette
15Gray/8sp 72Blk/Blk4Spd 64Red/Red/Wht4spd
I can't stand it, got to tell everyone. I bid $3.99 on (2) 53/54/55 Corvettes on Ebay. Well I got them and thought they can't be much if they sold that cheap. Shipping was $6.

They are 10 inches long, stamped steel and have working friction motors. Not the greatest stamping but look very nice (the whinning of a manufacturing engineer). You can see that the owner that has had them all these years kept them nice as the black pans have some of the paint touched up. My guess is that they were made in the late 50s early 60s as I remember the toys of that time. No name or numbers any place on them. I've attached a picture that was on Ebay to see if any of you can give me some insight on what they are.

Yeahhhhhaaaaaa:) :) :cool :cool :cool

Those were done in the '80's or early '90's as a "throwback" kind of toy. It is interesting that they now could be assumed to be '50's toys.

I remember the series included Buicks and Cadillacs and maybe others. They cost about $25 each so you got a real buy.

I don't remember the name of the company that made them.

David

I took one apart last night to see if there were any names/numbers inside and found that the seats were molded plastic which would indicate that they were not of the fifties vintage. The fact that there are no identifying markings makes me think you're correct in the "throwback" description. They at least will get a good work out this Christmas when the Grand kids are here. They always have to play with Grandpa’s other racecars.

Thanks for the imput.

Dad....... I've seen those in antique stores before. You got them for an excellent price. Nice going. (I'm jealous). I've seen them go for $50-100 each in very good condition.

.............. Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom