Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2000 FRC Suspension Upgrades

D

Dr C5 Corvette

Hi Everyone, Just Purchased a full set of energy suspension red poly sway bar bushings and a set of Bilstien Z51 sport shocks and also looking for a set of the metal sway bar end links. How will this improve the handling of my stock 2000 Z51 suspension if anyone has done this mod, Thanks Dr C5 Corvette

I went from 99 Z51 sways and shocks to 04 Z06 sways and Bilstein Sports and got a noticable improvement in cornering and a firmer, controlled ride. I changed the links to steel after I saw how twisted the plastic ones were. I'm not sure how big your swaybars are but you should also consider new shocks, espcally on a 2000. Oh, if you still have run flats, you might think of changing them out too. Big difference. - C.

Hi Thanks, Thats good Info. I have New Z06 Rims and Goodyear F1 non-RF 265 fronts and 295 rears, I think this mod will help alot with this set up and I may also have alignment to Z06 specs ....................Thanks Dr C5~

You are not going to see much of a difference in at-limit handling performance however, you may notice the car is just a bit more "crisp" in transistions because of the less-compliant stabilizer bar mounts and links.

I don't think you see much of a difference in handling going from stock Z51 shocks to Bilsteins though there might be a slight change in the car's ride.

The biggest change is going to come from the tires you've installed. The car is going to have more lateral grip, be more predictable, ride nicer and have a little less tire noise.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom