Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2002 Console Door Won't Fully Open

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
I just picked up my 2002 roadster and it is really nice. The only issue that I have is the center console lid only wants to open up about 4 inches. It appears to be in good shape and looking under the lid the hinge looks ok. I don't want to break it.

Any ideas?

Corvette
Carbon Flash CE 4LT GS Roadster
The console door opens different, it opens part way then swivels the rest of the way up.

Hope this helps.

Later - D

Pinky

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Convertible
Pull it up and sort of push it toward the passenger seat. It won't break, it just has a "stop" before it goes all the way up.

And if it does break - don't call me. Heh.

lcjstoy

Corvette
96 Collector Edition, 06 orange coupe
Mine had the same problem, after a little oil
here and there problem went away.
Len

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
The console door opens different, it opens part way then swivels the rest of the way up.

Hope this helps.

Later - D

Thanks for the reply guys. I followed the owners manual and your advice and I lifted from the front and 'folded' the top toward the passenger seat with the same results. Everything looks ok but it does seem that I would break the part of the console that the hinge connects to if I apply any more pressure.

I'll try again when I can get back to it during the day.

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
Its a real queer geomotry on the hinges. Ifeels like its broke and your going to break something ,but just pull it straight up and youll see.

I think they just should have done a rear hinge on it but what do I know.

PS do you see the thing right below the heater control panel with the cover on it. If you open that up youll see a little tray you store your cigarette ashes in untill you get up to speed with the top down ,(its a joke by me on the ash tray) I found it pretty much useless,

A sincere best of luck to you on the car,

There great cars I love mine and hope your serves you well

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
Its a real queer geomotry on the hinges. Ifeels like its broke and your going to break something ,but just pull it straight up and youll see.

PS do you see the thing right below the heater control panel with the cover on it. If you open that up youll see a little tray you store your cigarette ashes in untill you get up to speed with the top down ,(its a joke by me on the ash tray) I found it pretty much useless,

I finally got it, thanks. I did not get the open and lift part of it earlier. once I lifted slightly it opened right up.

Thanks again.

I own an '88 that I bought 4 years ago and I have always been able to get help in teh C4 forum. You have all shown that I will get the same great answers now in the C5 forum.

Now, its almost 8:30 and I am going to sleep so that I can get up early and enjoy driving to the office!:D

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible

I am thrilled with mine. The black body and light oak convertible look great. I noticed from my second floor window that in very bright sunlight I can see some swirl marks in the. Any suggestions on a good wax for that?

Is there any way to remove the lighter and ash tray and use that area for storage?

Thanks for the reply!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom