Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2002 Corvette - Install New Fuel Rail Covers

rcmarano

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Coupe
Hi,

I just ordered custom Carbon Fiber Fuel Rail Covers for a 2002 vette. How hard is it to remove the factory covers and to install the custom covers? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Don't they just clip on?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

To be honest I am not sure if the current covers simply clip on. I am also curious about the installation of the Carbon Fiber Covers. I am hoping that I will be able to install them myself. Thanks

They just unclip and pull off, be careful and wiggle them off slowly and you should be fine.

Warm engine

It's helpful to have a warm engine to make the fuel rail covers easier to manipulate in getting the old ones off after removing the oil fill cap and tugging up from the edges . . .

Suggest you wrap duct tape around the braided fuel line to help avoid scratching the new covers when you put them on.

Once you have them positioned, just push down firmly.

CQRT in AZ

Thank You!

It's helpful to have a warm engine to make the fuel rail covers easier to manipulate in getting the old ones off after removing the oil fill cap and tugging up from the edges . . .

Suggest you wrap duct tape around the braided fuel line to help avoid scratching the new covers when you put them on.

Once you have them positioned, just push down firmly.

CQRT in AZ

Thank You very much!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom