Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[2004] Accessory Plug: Newbie Makes a Contribution

P

Panama Yellow

First, by way of self-introduction, I'm the proud owner of a 2004 Commemorative Edition Coupe (6sp, MagRide, 2 tops, CD changer). I also come at the Corvette world from a different direction, being the current caretaker of a '58 Panama Yellow / white car (270hp, 4sp, posi, radio delete). I'm not sure that it's possible to have two cars that are named the same but that are more different. :)

My contribution (Switched accessory power in a 2004 model):

Very soon after I took delivery of my new 2004, I searched the archives here looking for a way to connect in Valentine 1 radar detector. It turns out that for 2004, Chevrolet deleted the accessory plug from the passenger's footwell area (present in the 2003 model). I didn't find any direct guidance in the archived threads on finding a source of power and ground in that area. So, I went looking for myself.

Fuse No. 22 is unused and is also switched power. The best ground that I could find was the case of whatever computer it is that is next to the fuse box. There is a springy handle at the lower edge of the computer case used to release the case from its mountings. This handle has a hole in it through which I mounted a screw with a lock nut. Then I used a ring connector (secured by another lock nut) to provide ground. Hopefully, this information will be useful to someone else with a 2004 model.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom