Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2004 CE Z06 Z16 Fuel Door Mystery!

T

theblackvette

A 2004 CE Z06 owner put up an interesting post in the general section stating that he must have his engine running to open the fuel door. In my 2003 Z06 I do not have to have the engine running to activate the door. Does anyone know about this? Or is this some sort of weird electrical problem he is encountering? Here is his post:

"From the first fill up on the new 04 Z16 i've had to have the engine running to activate the fuel door. Is this something changed for 04? Since Blackvette has told me in private message that his 03 Z doesn't need to be running to open his fuel door.

Blackvette also brought up if i were all the way out of gas, then how would i get the door open?

So any feed back on your Z's and especially the 04 models.

trying to figure out if i need to have this checked or if its a new safety measure put out by GM in the last year of the C5.

Thanks ahead of time.. now off to work.. i'll check in on this tonight"

T.T.

My '04 does not require the engine to be running to activate the fuel door release in the center console.

I've actually done it both with the engine running and with it shut off. It opens either way.

-Dave C. '04 Z06

I guess the 64,000 question is if other '04 Z16 drivers have the same thing as Tony's Torch is experiencing.

Dave C. '04 Z06 said:
My '04 does not require the engine to be running to activate the fuel door release in the center console.

I've actually done it both with the engine running and with it shut off. It opens either way.

-Dave C. '04 Z06

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom