Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2005 factory xm radio wanted

S

Super Dave

I want to get the factory corvette XM radio. Instead of having to buy an external radio like the commander etc... I want to have it all integrated on the radio itself. All I have on my car is the radio that came with the 1SB package 2005 white/red/auto/1G1YY24U655105259

Super Dave said:
I want to get the factory corvette XM radio. Instead of having to buy an external radio like the commander etc... I want to have it all integrated on the radio itself. All I have on my car is the radio that came with the 1SB package 2005 white/red/auto/1G1YY24U655105259

Sorry but adding the XM to an existing car cannot be done unless you purchase it aftermarket. There is wiring internally that would have to be done that my service dept said is impossible to do. They did say GM would eventually release an xm option but it would not work for corvettes.

Actually, it can definately be done. Since you have the 1SB, the wiring for the receiver itself is already in place, but you may have to do some wiring at the back of the head unit (you can just use your existing head unit, they are the same). You will then need to run a line for the antenna. You will need to get the digital receiver which sits behind the drivers side seat near the rear speaker on that side. Check with someone like KarShop for the components. If you are not able to do it yourself, the cost is likely going to be substantially more than if you were to buy an aftermarket set up. You will use your existing head unit.

cerino2000 said:
Actually, it can definately be done. Since you have the 1SB, the wiring for the receiver itself is already in place, but you may have to do some wiring at the back of the head unit (you can just use your existing head unit, they are the same). You will then need to run a line for the antenna. You will need to get the digital receiver which sits behind the drivers side seat near the rear speaker on that side. Check with someone like KarShop for the components. If you are not able to do it yourself, the cost is likely going to be substantially more than if you were to buy an aftermarket set up. You will use your existing head unit.

I have the factory rep here. He said in 06 you may be able to do this. 05 he does not believe this can be done thru the factory. He is going to find out for sure. He said you can add the 4 inch radio and use your existing knobs but not change radios. He said however he will double check. He is from the factory if he says GM factory cant then I believe him. Aftermarket however can be done.

Just in GM does not sponsor adding xm to 05 the prep kit is on the 06's. However he is now calling the XM REP for GM.

XM Radio Kit

I heard from Cable Damer Chevy that the kit cost about $500.

Update: Went to buy the kit and now the Chevy dealer says they do not have a kit.

Well what Im going to do now is to use the Delphi SA10175 Roady XT. Im going to figure out on how to hook it up so when I hit that "AUX" button, the system will be on. Instead of using the fm signal. I really hope that works!

Did you figure out how to use the "AUX"?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom